Tripmaker RVND 7710

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Campfire RV

While we were at the dealership to pick up our new MH Saturday we were introduced to the Tripmaker RVND 7710 by Rand McNally. They were selling it for $399 in the service store and I'm just curious what you veteran RV'ers think of this GPS device and is it worth the $399 and if so do you know other places it can be purchased for less?

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Josh...

I like many of the features that GPS has to offer and from what I've seen, that's a pretty average price. When I was researching that particular GPS, the only negative thing I heard about it was a couple people were saying it wasn't easily readable in bright daylight. That's just someone's subjective opinion - I'm sure others think it's fine. If you end up buying it, let me know what you think.

Kev

Josh,

I have the 7710 GPS. It is great and has a lot of great features. In sunlight it is not as bright as I would like to see. I bought it at Camping World for just over $300.00. I have an add that I just got from CW with a sale price of $314.00.
It comes with lifetime updates. It lets me program in my RV information. Then I don't get stuck in the wrong places. Like any GPS, check out your paper maps first for your trip run. I find they all will take you a route that you don't want to take. I bought mine in Feb. 2012 when I picked up my new Class A. Go online and check out the features. I hope this is a help.

Safe traveling, Ron

It can be purchased at a much lower price than 399$, even in Canada where most things are higher priced to begin with.

Google the model and you will find many offers available, some with no sales tax as they may be out of state. Some may require shipping charges but....

Just ordered one last night from Camping World.
$ 314.99 + tax, free shipping. They have it in stock.
We use both a Garmin and a 7 " screen truck GPS. They have been helpful.

Thanks for the feedback, I think we will be purchasing one shortly since my TomTom is kind of wacking out lately and loses signal so often then takes too much time to reset at times. I drive a C Class so I don't think the sunlight viewing should be too much of a problem as my interior is pretty well shaded with the bunk overhead.

We got a flyer yesterday that has a 10% off coupon for any purchase over $75.00.
So I think we will be heading to CW this weekend and picking one up.

I have the 7710 and give it a 4 of 5. The RM is great as far as routing so far but is hard to see in daylight. I would like a bigger pathway and the lifetime updates are great. I also use it with my Garmin truck GPS. I did find on one route that we clipped some low trees with the sattellite dome.Bpth GPS's said it was a good route.

Can't help myself...just a friendly comment.

Can anyone still drive without totally relying on a GPS?  Tree limbs grow every year, a foot or more. How can anything predict or measure that when it comes to GPS.

Next it will be a GPS Pothole alerts. Then warnings about turtle crossings, shall I continue ?

These are just random thoughts.

Happy travels.

Carson, I was in Southern Va on a State road that showed adequate clearance coming from a campground going back to the Interstate. No damage but sure scared the H*** out of me. Stuck to the centerline and even crossed the centerline in some places. I still use the maps but I love the GPS when "she" talks to me.

Carson,
Not using a GPS is like using a typewriter instead of a word processor. The gps is a gentle reminder if turn and exits. The trucker model we have does a fine job of telling me I am about to encounter a 7 foot bridge. Giving me about two minutes to turn around and go the other way. Actually its a great tool. Just a tool, the paper maps and some great softwere make it all the safer to travel to the unknown

jim and di said:
Carson,
Not using a GPS is like using a typewriter instead of a word processor. The gps is a gentle reminder if turn and exits. The trucker model we have does a fine job of telling me I am about to encounter a 7 foot bridge. Giving me about two minutes to turn around and go the other way. Actually its a great tool. Just a tool, the paper maps and some great softwere make it all the safer to travel to the unknown

Come on, Jim, I was borne yesterday but not that old.

I have used a GPS for many years, I know how they work and what makes them work in great degree..

I think you missed my point in my little post.  A GPS 101 class I don't need.

Maybe I don't understand the younger generation...  ;D

Have a nice day.

I have the RVND 7710 and like most of its functions. I have used it on several trips and it has been very accurate. Sheila really likes the "speed" warnings! It also notifies you of upcoming speed limit changes, sharp curves etc. It does fade out in bright sun, but I have it positioned so this doesn't happen much.

carson said:
Come on, Jim, I was borne yesterday but not that old.

I have used a GPS for many years, I know how they work and what makes them work in great degree..

I think you missed my point in my little post.  A GPS 101 class I don't need.

Maybe I don't understand the younger generation...  ;D

Have a nice day.

Sorry Carson, I was saying that tongue in cheek. But thanks for reducing my age.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom