Trouble draining tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rick kl

Ever since I have owned my trailer the tanks just wouldn't drain properly it would take 20 minutes to drain and there always something left if each tank. I looked at the configuration of the drain system there seemed to be very little angle on the drain lines, since my black water valve was passing it was time to change my angle of attack. My trailer dumps both the grey and black water into a double elbow with 3? valves.  After cutting out the existing piping I found two reasons why the tank wouldn't drain- one was the 3? piece from the toilet cut out was left in the tank at the factory and was lodged in the double elbow, the second was my black tank was sagged in the middle causing the bottom of the tank to be lower than the drain outlet. I could never see my my tanks because the whole bottom is covered in black plastic. I changed all the valves and drain pipes then put a piece of 2? channel across the bottom of both tanks to support the bottoms. . If you have  tank problems this could be something to look for.

Finding the cut-out in the tank or plumbing is a common issue with both waste and fresh tanks. The factory guys just don't bother to remove that stuff.  If not the plug itself, the savings from the drill are often found collected somewhere and clogging things up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom