True 4 Season RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom Hoffman

After reading the dozens and dozens of posts about the viability of living in Northern Climates in an RV. 

I found this on Local Craig's list that just might fill the bill.

https://waterloo.craigslist.org/rvs/5822071219.html

Interesting concept,  but to low to the ground to go anywhere, even on pavement would hit bottom on most roads.

legrandnormand said:
What a piece of crap !

I am curious, why would you say something like that?

Foxy, I believe it raises and lowers for road travel or lake parking.  They have them displayed a few miles from my home.

So, Im from Minnesota and have seen a gazillion of these around. They actually lift up a little to make them towable on the roads. You tow them out onto the ice and drop them down.

I saw one in a campground this summer.  The woman who was camping in it was wheelchair bound. This was much easier to get in and out of than a traditional RV would have been.

They are definitely not crap, but are very well built. They have to be for you to stay warm out on a frozen lake in Minnesota. Of course, I dont know why anyone would want to go out on the ice when there is a lot of perfectly good solid dirt to walk on.

Looks to me like a vey well built RV made for a purpose, ice fishing. The appearance might be somewhat utilitarian, but should be comfortable and likely long lasting, without the  chipboard and plastic shelf paper walls which so many modern trailers have in their construction.

Someone took pride in that build, and I would be happy to own one.

Ice fisherman. That's pretty much what it was made for.

It's only 21' but it looks like the space was well utilized. With all that is included, it's not a bad price either. I wonder what size tanks are in it though.

Most people don't understand us ice fishing enthusiasts. We live on a beautiful all sports lake in north Michigan. Winter will limit your outdoor activities if you let her. We choose to stay active.
To each their own. 8)

Other than not looking like the neighbors, which has never bothered me at all, and probably not passing muster at some of the "RV Resorts", which I will never try, I see no problems.

I would have left the little "swooshies" off, though. Still someone trying to make a lunch box shape look aerodynamic.

This should pretty well describe it's intended use, LOL

21' Brand new hold ICE Castle ice fishing camper tandem axle - $25000 (Independence)

cadee2c said:
Ever watch "Grumpy Old Men" That was filmed on a real lake with real ice fishing houses. Right now is high season for buying them because ice fishing is a thing in the upper midwest.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ice+fishing&rlz=1C1FGUR_enUS692US692&espv=2&biw=1049&bih=620&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl5YLrx4DQAhUDPCYKHeorCcoQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=ice+fishing+houses

The weather predictions are for colder winter up there. Will be good for thick ice that can handle that kind of camper out on the lakes.

We have NO use for that type down here though. Georgia just doesn't get cold enough to drive on top of the water. ;D

Definitely suited for the upper Midwest where it is advertised. Minnesota, Wisconsin, and even parts of Iowa have lakes filled with these kind of trailers. Most aren't nearly as nice as this one. I have seen lakes in Minnesota that are set up like subdivisions with marked streets and orderly ice fishing huts lined up in neat rows.

Back
Top Bottom