Trying to decide - Heartland Edge M22 or Rockwood 2306

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtaviator

Well, I think we have finally narrowed down our choices of a travel trailer. We are down between the Heartland Edge M22 or the Rockwood 2306. Well, to be totally honest our first pick would be an Airstream 25, but between our tow vehicle (2006 Jeep Commander 7500 lb tow capacity) & that we have 2 small children ( 4yr old and a 1 yr old) we have decided that an Airstream will be later down the road for us.  :-[

But back to the Edge vs Rockwood. The Rockwood is a bit smaller w/ no slide. The Edge one slide (which is something that I really like). Love the windows/blinds on the Edge. But, Rockwood seems to be better insulated, nice full extension drawers & some other nice features. So really looking for anyones comments/opinions of these two trailers. We would like to make a decision very soon. We would like to purchase our new trailer so that we can enjoy the camping season.

Thanks for all comments.

We have the Edge M21. We like it but do have a few pet peeves. The ceiling is very high at almost 7 feet and that makes it very difficult for my 5 foot wife to turn on the lights. We keep a small stool handy for her, but three lights are simply out of her reach. Ours is a 2010. The new ones may have located the switches a little lower.
The air conditioner is very noisy. It is so loud it makes it very difficult to hear the TV w/o the volume turned up high. Cools well though. The TV antenna is barely better than a coat hanger.
We have just returned to the North after a 10,300 mile trip and no other problems.

We rented a Rockwood prior to buying the Edge. The living/dining slide was the kicker.

Hope this helps.

Dave

We have an Edge M-22 and are very pleased with the trailer. All the issues noted above by mtaviator are valid. However, most of us will appreciate the high headroom. The AC is noisy, but efficient. I do not believe the insulation difference will be an issue. You will lose more heat in any travel trailer from air leakage than from conduction through walls and ceiling. The heat reflecting window shades will keep out far more heat than increased insulation. The point about the full drawers versus pull out plastic pans in the Edge are also valid. This compromise was obviously made for weight savings, as it sure wasn't for aesthetics. There is an excellent Youtube video showing the extent that Heartland went through to reduce the weight of the trailer. I whole heartedly agree about the TV antenna. It is an omnidirectional saucer type that, quite honestly, is not as good as a coat hanger. The slide is large for a trailer this size, and converts to a bed large enough for two adults. We took out the kitchen table and use a small fold down table from Costco that we also take outside. It is lighter and more versatile than the original table. We replaced the pathetic bathroom fan with a Fantastic fan. However, if you asked me what my biggest complaint regarding the Edge, I would have to say the TV antenna... and that should say alot about our satisfaction with the trailer. Make sure that you visit the Heartland Owners Forum. The factory is on the forum constantly, and that in itself says alot about the product!!!!

Thanks folks, great points.

I think we found the Heartland video you were talking about. Lots of stuff we didn't know like that the fridge is 3 way and the freezer comes out. Very cool.

Here is the link to the one we found to leave a "breadcrumb" for anyone coming along after us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LK5lveS2u8

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom