TT Bathroom redo- holding tanks, tankless water heaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 1972 Fleetwood Prowler TT that I am currently renovating for my needs.  The bathroom is a spot for concern but I'm determined to have a shower or tiny tub.  There are no gray or black water holding tanks and from the floor to the bottom of the metal frame underneath it looks to have only 4" max.  Any suggestions on where I could buy a shallow tank or ideas for customizing something? 

The old macerator toilet has been removed.

Also, I've removed the broken hot water heater.  Looking for a small tankless hot water heater for bathroom and kitchen sink.
I have a 55 PSI 3GPM Sureflow water pump.  Any thoughts on a compatible tankless water heater?

Yes, I'm a little over my head but there's gotta be a way....  :)  Thank you!

I think these projects will not be cost effective. I think buying a different trailer that already has holding tanks would be much cheaper. You would have to fit three holding tanks, black, grey and fresh water and 4 inches just isn't enough room. if you could fit those three tanks in you would have to visit a dump station every other day.

Thanks for the response SeilerBird!

I'm living in this for the time being and not too worried about resale value or anything like that. I just want my basic needs met and a bit of comfort.  I'm happy to put a little money into this since I'm saving on rent anyway and the cost of a TT with everything i'm looking for was way more than what this would be.  I'm off the grid much of the time but do want it to be compliant with park requirements. 
If there are no better options I'll probably do a DIY compost toilet which I was leaning towards anyway or even a little portable toilet.  As for the gray water....if there is really not anything else I can do I'll just hang a solar camp shower and stand in a basin..but I believe there must be some creative way around this.   

As far as the shower, you might just put a flat tank above the floor and the shower above it. May get short, but not that expensive and a 30 x 40 x 4-inch tank is about 18 gallons; enough for three or four showers.

Ernie

there's a place online called plastic water tanks .com that has dozens of different size and shape water and waste tanks.  as for toilet there quite a few different styles of porta potties that could suit you needs.  also building on top of your tank was a great idea plus you could always cut a whole in the floor and go 4 inches below and 4 inches above giving you 8 in depth doubling your capacity.  for fresh water you could build a compartment outside of you trailer or you could choose a corner of you trailer build a cabinet and choose a variety of different stand up tank that are available online.  as it was said earlier it may be more cost effective to find a more suited to your needs but if the money is not the object and you can do any of the work yourself then I suggest you start researching what you want what you need and where you can get it. 

Thanks for your responses! I do have a fresh water tank so that is not an issue, about to hook up a water pump and pex tubing. I am trying out a home made composting toilet and if that doesn't work out I found a new thetford porta-potti at a discount store for $25. I ordered a portable tankless hot water heater ($69) which should arrive any day now. I may have to attach it outside and disconnect it while traveling.  The greywater...well I still don't know what to do about that.  I may just drain it into a bucket, though I'm not sure if that is acceptable in all parks.  Next is creating a shower pan.  I think I'm going to use a vinyl liner to make the pan and then make a sort of platform/mat out of redwood to stand on. It's coming along and I'm not spending an arm and a leg, so far so good.  Just very time consuming to do the research of these projects and learn how everything interlinks.  Thank goodness for the internet!  Thanks of your suggestions.

Another resource:

http://www.plastic-mart.com/category/32/rv-water-waste-holding-tanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom