Ultimate Road Trips - USA and Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uchu

Does anyone have any experience using this guide? I'm interested to have it around when road tripping (RV or not), just because sometimes Google is not my friend.

As I see it the problem with so many of these sorts of guides is that different people want to see different sorts of things on their road trips. I just watched a top 10 road trips video on youtube a couple of days ago, and out of the places I have been on their list I think they were reasonable choices, though perhaps for different reasons than made their list, as their list should probably have been titled 10 road trip destinations for day hikes, as it featured a number of 7-15 mile hikes often with significant elevation change.

Yes I always smile when someone says "tell me what I should see going to XX" Or How do I get to XX. I don't know where I am or where to go.
uchu To verafie routs and to keep yourself on RV safe roads I would get the Rand McNally Motor Carriers' Road Atlas) You might also get the the Next Exit 2023: USA Interstate Highway Exit Guide. https://www.amazon.com/Rand-McNally-Motor-Carriers-
Atlas/dp/0528027204/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=34KUWO0PT58XU&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.1Ju_dQ6cFzfutIANUL9Z-eRP0QniBmgAy4euz-EiW7u-3u2pkaFKVii576D4vOc05TZC4_A_MCanCdDr8YtnHgrjmVnQtelx6U8uqNH490u4vqX6pDQ9O9SC0DOzi6x983ducsBlVk6EaFaCuUe9eUdsyTTdxOG_oKKzfapDSSHlCeQaiF01sPjO9stq38jZklR_H6no7cowT_AiIFDojI9OOQEomCIhtHeehntVHIw.uJ98kKDKflttH4SZOLqZgniDkmhVar6AAQcr-F3EZwM&dib_tag=se&keywords=trucker+atlas+2024&qid=1708564394&sprefix=trucker+at%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Bill

Bill, I prefer to have people post the routes they are considering, then I can comment on road conditions, or perhaps suggest a more scenic or smoother route, as well as suggest stops along the general route that may be worth stopping at.

I don’t have experience with the one in question, I use this one for planning:

Rand McNally Road Atlas, Good Sam Edition, US & Canada

“Good Sam Edition of the Rand McNally Road Atlas, featuring all the accuracy you've come to expect from Rand McNally, only bigger. This completely updated atlas contains maps of every U.S. state and Canadian province, and an overview map of Mexico – all 35% larger than the standard atlas version.

This Good Sam Edition features highlighted RV-friendly routes on every map page along with over 350 detailed city inset and national park maps. More than 3,500 Good Sam RV parks and campgrounds, Camping World and Gander RV & Outdoor SuperCenters, and Pilot/Flying J Travel Centers are listed in a full directory and pinpointed on each map page for easy navigation. “

For me hard cover books are rarely the go these days. They go out of date pretty quickly, especially in terms of restaurants and places to stay.

Most everything in a "guidebook" can be found for free on the internet and like Wiki tend to be more up to date - especially popular sites.

I don't have experience with that particular guide but have used similar ones, e.g. the Alaska Milepost and various scenic routes. I find them useful IF I am using some part of that route and simply want to know what sorts of things are ahead that might be interesting. Or needed. Google is better if you want to find some specific type of thing, like a restaurant or attraction, but I think the route guides are better at showing the variety of things along the way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom