unknown propane heater problem & wedgewood propane oven problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joycemok

i have purchased a 1987 Aluma Lite by Holiday Rumble Corporation. 

The heater only run for a few time after the purchase, then it get cold of unknown reasons after it run a while.  then the heater turn on and it cut off fast.  we take out the motor, clean it up, clean up all dust in the fan too, clean up the carbon brush, clean up the copper residue,.....  we supply the motor with the fan loaded directly from a 12V supply the motor with fan load run fine for more than 15 mins.  but when we put it back in place inside the seat compartment, even we bypass all thermostat, relay, electronic control box, it only run for less than a min even we put the thermostat all the way to 90 degree F.  we do not have a manual for this trailer and the heater does not have any brand on it and also the motor does not have any brand on it. so, we do not know if the heater is a original equipment from the manufacturer or not.  do anyone have more experience how to diagnose the problems, step by step so that we can narrow down what is the problem and try to replace the defective components if there are any?  there is one more that we do find the fuse was burnt and we replace it already.

also, i have an wedgewood which does not light up when we try to turn it on. there is no manual to this too and i would like to know how to diagnose the problem and possible replace the defective parts.

thanks

Both of your problems could be caused by a lack of propane.  Either the tank is empty or turned off.

originally i do think i may be low in propane so i switch to a new propane tank of gas. it is the same problem. to check my propane, i make sure that my gas stove do work. do you have any other suggestion?

I assumed when you mentioned Wedgewood that you were referring to the stove.  If the stove works, the the gas supply is good.  Usually the stovetop and oven have a common gas supply line, so it's unusual that the stovetop would light but not the oven.

If you go to the forum home page and use the Search box to look for "furnace trouble" (without the quotes) you'll find a number of past topics on how to diagnose furnace problems.

The Advanced search link above will search all message boards.

Back
Top Bottom