Updates on Mexico as far as San Carlos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are back in Taos now, freezing cold of course and snowing but the skiing is really nice.  Our trip to San Carlos was much easier than we expected and rather uneventful, all things considered.  We even got to swim with the Dolphins at the Delphina (poor attempt at Espanol) facility.  Alamos was very historic and had great food.  Totonaka was just as everyone told us, good shape, good service, good English and high voltage (usually about 130VAC, 30amps).  Lots of Canadians when we were there.  The heavy rains from the recent hurricane damaged some streets and facilities but everything was being repaired and fully operational except for a few one lane roads.  In hindsight, it was very, extremely, uncrowded.  The beach across from Totonaka was, maybe 5 miles long, and often we were two of maybe five people I could see.

BTW: Our engine must have been one of the last pre-ULSDs built so we had no problem with the diesel in Mx.  In fact I filled up just before crossing back into the US to take advantage of the lower prices.

There is no vehicle paperwork required in Sonora as far as Guaymas on hi-way 15, none.  No one checked our FMT papers either but I'd stop and get those which are good for 180 days.  We tried to turn them in when we came to the Mx checkpoint south of Mariposa but they told us to keep them.  Oh well.

There was a Mx military checkpoint for trucks south of the border, but north of Hermosillo and 350 or so trucks were lined up in the right lane waiting to get through.  We went right through in the left lane, no problem. 

Thanks to all for your support and information during this trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sue2La
Back
Top Bottom