USB Port in 2010 Winnebago "radio"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys -- I am aware of the usb port and the use of a memory stick, but I am one of those complicated people :)

I have some albums, but nothing much really. So what I have been doing is use Pandora and tehn recently Rhapsody. Rhapsody costs $10 / month, but allows for "offline" access. So I don't need to own the music - I simply download it to the ipod and when I loose the signal I just use the playlists that I have downloaded. That way I have whatever music I want for a low price and legal.

I can get the cable myself if it doesn't work out. If it does then I save $30 - well save and save it should have been included.....

Island guy - since you have the access. Did you get the entertainment system? I am hoping not. I am trying to figure out how not to use the speakers in the main lounge area. I want to be able to just have sound in the cab. The manual references a switch that isn't there.....

Funny thing - everything RV related is working so far as I can tell. Just the small technical stuff :)

That's funny I was trying to figure out how to hook up my new Sirius radio last night.  It said plug into the aux jack underneath the dash I guess.  But then it showed 2 plugs for things plugging into the auxilary.  I guess I will have to take it to a radio place to have them connect it as I saw no, easy obvious way to do so.  Anyone know?  It's in the 2005 Sightseer

mikeak said:
Island guy - since you have the access. Did you get the entertainment system? I am hoping not. I am trying to figure out how not to use the speakers in the main lounge area. I want to be able to just have sound in the cab. The manual references a switch that isn't there.....

If you mean the entertainment system instead of the overhead bunk....no.....I have a switch in the coach that turns the dash radio on or off.

Ok that sounds like my configuration AND the way the manual has it. In the manual that override switch can be in two places. 1) under the tv in the cab-over where th tv on / off power switch is ( next to it) or up on the dash. I have neither - is yours in one of those spots?

Patriot what model is the radio?

Thanks.
Now I understand missing a cable (iPod)but if they missed installing a switch that would be unreal. Will see what the dealer says but this might get "interesting"

thanks

Just got off the phone with Winnebago and there is no way NOT to have what is being played in the cab go to the speakers in the main area........ according to them.

Going to play around a lot more with it, but right now confirmed that there is no switch (and per them should not be one), there is no fade back and forth on the radio

I am still hoping somehow that with a CD I can override it in the back, but I really don't have any hopes at this point.

Looking at ways to cut into the wires and put an override switch there, but that will require some thinking. Good thing I have an interest for audio / video stuff I guess.....

So help me understand....when you play the dash radio there is no way to toggle the audio in the coach? So it is on all of the time?

Correct -- to turn it off you have to turn it off in the dash. If you turn it off in the dash then it turns on in the coach..........

I can't believe it myself but just had a 10 minute conversation with Winnebago and he confirms what my testing in the coach says.....that is how it works. It is unreal

In my Access you just turn the fader all the way to the front to kill the coach speakers. Although the dash speakers are so horrible I typically "Fade to Back"........Lame I know...I know :)

Do you know your radio model. Mine - I can fade L and R. Back and forth isn't an option .... Emailed jensen about this to see about alternatives

I don't know the brand nor can I look as it's at the doctor again. We have matched pretty well with our USB's so far. I do know that I have never adjusted the fader because it's not easy and I'm not taking my eyes off the road that long. Given all the features I'm sure even if we have different head units I bet you have a fader hidden in there somewhere. Worst case, throw a toggle switch onto the rear speaker wire.

Does it look like this :)

http://www.ltmelectronics.com/jensen-vr209tp-2din-sir-ready-cd-w-touch-mon-3-cam-input.html

I found the fade L and R and as you say several steps and have to kind of look at the screen - I can't imagine that there would be a separate fade Front and Back in a different place, but I will look around.

There is a audio unit for the back of the coach so I am going to test that out and see if it will override the rear speakers or what will happen that is my best hope right now.

If that doesn't work then yeah I am going to look at a toggle switch for those speakers. There is a space for it on the front dash (3 toggle switch space with 1 in use and the other 2 not being used - blanked out). Thinking I can cut that out and run the rear speaker wires there, go to the toggle and then another run from there to the radio, but will look at that as a last resort.......

EDIT -- looked at your pictures and you have the Entertainment center so that changes things. With that said -- lived on Hawthorne Road in Winston-Salem for 3 years and lived in Raleigh (NC State) and Charlotte - so hope you enjoy it up there. We sure do miss the Ashville, Boone area etc but got some decent mountains in Alaska :)

Well I don't know what I was doing the first few times. Maybe it was having the kids in there at the same time. Either way last night I went and spend some quality time with the radio and figured out that I can indeed fade speakers not only L and R but also F and R....... so problem solved. Still trying to get winnebago to send me the ipod cable but I have an Aux cable to use on the drive.

The wife will be sleeping (yes with seatbelt) on the first drive out and hopefully so will the kids so this was major to me as we have a 6 hour trip to do. Taking the RV out for the first time this weekend and I guess I will find much more important things to worry about besides the radio :)

Oh also fixed the lock for the grey and black tanks. It wouldn't lock -- funny thing it is on a different key than all the other compartments.....if this had been done for the generator then maybe I would have understood it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom