Use of Campground Showers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually don't go to parks, but if I do I would shower in my rig. I am from the desert and have hauled water for years until I was able to get a well drilled and take quick showers anyways.

SeilerBird said:
11 years I have been taking showers in the campground shower without flip flops or shower shoes. And I have never gotten a foot disease yet.

So no one else does either?

Dan23 said:
So no one else does either?
I have no idea about anyone else and I could care less. I have been reading just about everything on this forum for many years and never once have I read a complaint about someone contracting a disease from taking a shower. I am just not paranoid.

SeilerBird said:
I have no idea about anyone else and I could care less. I have been reading just about everything on this forum for many years and never once have I read a complaint about someone contracting a disease from taking a shower. I am just not paranoid.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000875.htm

Athlete's foot is easily spread. It can be passed through direct contact or contact with items such as shoes, stockings, and shower or pool surfaces.

It's that old "germ theory of disease" once again. It hs nothing to do with paranoia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germ_theory_of_disease

You might consider branching out in your reading; there are many sites with not only more information, but better information. Not saying this site isn't good, but it's hardly the last word.

SeilerBird said:

Implying that you care a great deal. 

SeilerBird said:
No it means I could not care less. That doesn't mean I care a great deal, just less.

No...."I could care less" implies you care a great deal.  "I couldn't care less" means just that.....there is no way you could possibly care any less than you do. 

Paranoid...maybe.  After several years in the Navy and several "cruises" aboard ship where backed up sewers and shower drains were commonplace, I still have feet.  You ought to try taking a "Navy" shower in a stall next to 3-4 others with a couple of inches of soapy water sloshing back and forth with the rolling of the ship.  Drop the soap there and, besides the usual comments concerning this action, the soap would disappear to the next stall.  But, the soap from the stall on the other side might show up as a replacement.  Of course, that was in the modern Navy.  Before that, there were no stalls.  EEK!  That meant some naked guy was standing next to you slinging soapy water all over...depending on how fast he was washing.  The trick is to dry well and spray on some Tinactin or some such.  Fungus and bacteria don't fair well on dry skin.

Frizlefrak said:
No...."I could care less" implies you care a great deal.  "I couldn't care less" means just that.....there is no way you could possibly care any less than you do.
Do you really want to argue about English on an Internet forum? Quit being so petty.

One of the more or less interesting things is that we often say the exact opposite of what we mean.

When you say "I could care less" you really mean you could not possibly care less..

But what you said was the exact opposite.. It is up to the listener to understand that.

Problem is... not everyone is up on current slang and thus,, You are making yourself easy to mis-read.

Page 2.  A joke today on Facebook that I just saw not 10 minutes ago...

A defendant in the witness chair "I didn't do nuthing"  A jury of English professors "OH, A Confession".

It is best to say what you mean. not use slang.  But hey... There is more I could say but .. Well. it is not so nice from here on in.

However.. That said....

I too mentioned up-thread that I have had athletics foot, a couple of times.  ALL back when I showered at home.. Since hitting the road full time.. I have not had that problem.  And I use park showers at least 50 weeks a year (The other two I am not in a park and use my own shower).

Frizlefrak said:
No...."I could care less" implies you care a great deal.

What if someone cared so little it was incredible -- however, "could" care less than that. That would be just the opposite of caring a great deal.

SeilerBird said:
Do you really want to argue about English on an Internet forum? Quit being so petty.

I merely pointed out a grammatical misstep.  If you're having an argument, it's with yourself. 

I have never been to a campground where I wouldn't use the showers, and have used them each and every time.  There is just not enough room on my RV shower for me and taking a long one without worrying about whether I'll have to drain the tank in the dark afterward (my showers are always before bed).

And, for the record, the correct saying is "I couldn't care less".  "I could care less" means you actually can care less... since you could - there is wiggle room there since you might not care much, but you can care less.

I don't want to shower where the last guy peed or sit where the kid before me just peed on the seat, don't like using the faucet that the last person with diarrhea just turned on to wash the poop off his fingers. and yes I am paranoid...I have to be.

Tom..easier to just say you don't give a crap.....if that's allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaySmith
Back
Top Bottom