Used camper with dried poop in black tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitch52656

Bought a 2021 Luxe 5th wheel recently. How do I get the dried up stuff on walls and bottom loosened and out?

Fill it up with water and let it sit for several days. You could also use some Ridex to help loosen it up. Then hook up to your truck and drive around. The sloshing around may loosen it.
Or you can buy a pressure nozzle that you stick down through your toilet and hope that the high pressure breaks it up.

Fill it up, let it soak with something like Happy Camper Extreme, then get a pro to come out and flush it. RV tank cleaning services are not uncommon, and your campground might have some recommendations.

I would start by filling the tank as suggested in post #2 but I'd probably let it sit that way for a week or more. Then dump the tank and fill it about half full and add a strong mix of Savogran 10621 Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) mixing it first with a gallon of so of water to liquify it then dump it in via the toilet. This is about the strongest cleaner that you can buy without some sort of license. Then add enough water to get the tank about 3/4 full, leaving room for the water to slop around and agitate the mixture as you drive around. It wouldn't hurt to let that soak for a day or so, before you drive it around and make your short drive one with lots of turns, stops, and starts to mix things well. When you dump, use a clear elbow fitting so that you can see what you are getting out each time that you dump the tank. I also use a plastic flush wand to spray the tank walls.
1713034601929.png 1713034513246.png1713034532290.png

If you can let it sit for a while (Month or months) Rid-ex RV or one of the other digesters ar good products. I also like the valterra master blaster concept but NOT the design that nozzle looks like it's sure to break off.. I took a piece of half inch plastic (PVC) pipe capped it drilled a hole about 1/4 inch (I think the bit I grabbed was 7/32" ) Put the proper fitting on the other end with a valve (You really should add a vacuum breaker but I had that in the line already) and used it. No "Nose" to break off worked well to blast the sensor wall I occasionally got it clean.. Not often. but sometimes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom