USED RV Buying help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BenjaminH

Hello all!

I am looking at a 2014 DutchStar.  Can anyone give me advice on what to look for or ask when buying a used RV?  This will the first time buying an RV and would love and appreciate any input.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Why?  As a first timer buying a motor home can become one of the biggest mistakes you will ever make.  RVs are huge cash cows and will suck just about as much money as a large boat.  Unless you have lots of disposable cash to throw away, start out as a first timer with something much much less expensive.  Far easier to absorb the loss of 5 or ten thousand than a hundred thousand.

Lots of guides in the library to help you with your choice.  i am sure more people will chime in with helpful tips and questions for you to ask. 

Oh and by the way....welcome to the forum.

Hello BenjaminH and welcome to The RV Forum.

You are considering a motorhome with a good reputation and being a 2014 it should be in pretty good shape.  The benefit of purchasing a one or two year old rig is that someone else has taken the initial deprecation hit and worked out the bugs.  You didn't say how many miles are on it, but check out the tires as they can be pretty expensive to replace.  Has it been serviced regularly?  Aside from that just be sure to check out all the systems.  It should make you a fine rig.

If you have specific questions post here and someone will get back to you.

Welcome aboard!

geodrake said:
Hello BenjaminH and welcome to The RV Forum.

You are considering a motorhome with a good reputation and being a 2014 it should be in pretty good shape.  The benefit of purchasing a one or two year old rig is that someone else has taken the initial deprecation hit and worked out the bugs.  You didn't say how many miles are on it, but check out the tires as they can be pretty expensive to replace.  Has it been serviced regularly?  Aside from that just be sure to check out all the systems.  It should make you a fine rig.

If you have specific questions post here and someone will get back to you.

Welcome aboard!
George! - I haven't seen you around here for a long time, welcome back (unless I have been missing your posts). You going to get another RV

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

First, educate yourself as much as possible by reading threads of interest and Library articles.  Click the Library button near the top of the page.

It will answer many questions.  Come back here with anything specific you want to know.

Back
Top Bottom