V-10 engine rattling noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry N. said:
Many of us grew up in the days of leaded gasoline when the choice at the pump was Regular or Ethyl (HiTest), before the days of unleaded, etc. So regular unleaded will be the lowest octane choice, usually 87 at lower altitudes, and 85 in higher places such as Colorado and Wyoming.

Right.  I mean, that's what I would assume someone would mean by "regular unleaded" but then we get to the part about using higher octane voiding warranties, so it makes me wonder if there's another definition of that floating around in another part of the world.  I am trying to discern if the poster might have read that "unleaded" fuel was required and that using any other fuel would void the warranty and perhaps conflated "unleaded" as a class of fuels with what most people would think "regular unleaded" was (low octane unleaded gasoline).  I would certainly agree that Ford's warranty shouldn't and wouldn't cover any damage related from running aviation fuel, kerosene, pure alcohol, E85, methanol, diesel, or some other type of fuel.

Back in the day before the phase out was complete, though, the question was "regular or unleaded".

(Know this is old, but) ON Many, There is a history of V10 rattle that is related to the missing DRIVER side IDLER pulley on the serpentine; (a harmonic vibration often during accel/decell), CURED by adding the missing pulley/bolt ($20-$40/ 5-MINUTE DIY install). Good Luck (Often reported by F53 or Class-C/ E-series owners?)

When I first started to read this I thought a shield has come loose somewhere. Maybe an exhaust shield or around a pulley somewhere but when you said at certain speeds that threw that off. I think it would happen all the time then.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom