vaccum entrance step

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeeCI

My older pace arrow has a vaccum operated step .Pulls in fine under normal vaccum, but have found that under heavy operation on engine( seconds open) vac fails and step drops down. Have tried to locate a check valve with no avail. $`s are at a premium, so at present new steps out of the opotions. Thoughts appreciated............

RV Roamer said:
Never heard of a vacuum operated step. Learn something new all the time!

Gary

That was one of the upgrades on the newer Travel Supremes. Our older one had a start switch controlling an electric motor.

RV Roamer said:
Never heard of a vacuum operated step. Learn something new all the time!
Had one on my '84 Pace Arrow, the switch on the dash can be set to deactivate the system. Also when the door was closed the stairs would come up and stay. The dash switch is the key, it has two positions.
J

No dash switch on this unit for the step, only the door switch which works fine. As I  early posted, works great under normal driving conditions, but vacuum lost when 4 barrel is opened.

Bernie,
I can see air-operated step on a diesel coach that has an air system anyway. Makes sense. Mine (and probably yours) has an air -operated step cover, for example.

RV Roamer said:
Bernie,
I can see air-operated step on a diesel coach that has an air system anyway. Makes sense. Mine (and probably yours) has an air -operated step cover, for example.
He more than likely has a 454 or 460 gasser, when he goes 3/4 to full throttle he has very little vacuum, so his step is dropping. The switch that I had on the dash of mine kept the stairs up when necessary. Like when the coach is moving.
Not air operated, vacuum operated.
J

RV Roamer said:
Bernie,

Gary

As I said, mine has an electric motor, later TSs had air operated covers.

Nothing inline-direct vacuum. Have tried to buy a check valve to hold the vacuum til the door switch dumps the vac. But can`t find a valve for 1/4" line anywhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharod
Back
Top Bottom