Vancouver B.C. Canada --- in danger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

This photo was taken at 6:30 am this morning from a local mountain (Cypress Mountain) overlooking downtown Vancouver. A touch of fog, don't you think?

carson FL, where it is sunny but frost last night. (28? F).

Attachments

• Vancouver BC Jan09.jpg
    Vancouver BC Jan09.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Vancouver BC Jan09.jpg
    Vancouver BC Jan09.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 135
Carson,

WOW!  What unique pictures!  Were you up on a mountain or where?  Wondering how you got above it all.  Just beautiful.

ArdraF

Beautiful pictures, Carson.  The fog almost makes it look like the buildings are sinking into the breaking surf, especially in the second picture.

Margi

Here is the explanation: No, I am in Florida. My daughter lives near Vancouver with her family. Her home is also high up and the view from her house would be nearly the same if it weren't for a bunch of trees in the way.

A friend emailed the picture to her early in the morning from the mountain. The she sent it to me right away. Both pictures are identical. The first picture is an Ifone picture. The second one I fixed up a little bit by sharpening it with a couple of clicks on the computer. I guess we can call #1 atrtistic and # 2 scientific.  :)

Heavy fog like that is a rarity but certainly not the first time. Maybe we should end one to Algore.  ::)

carson FL

I'm motivated to tell you about a hike I took in Ireland when I was 19 or so (I'm originally Irish).

A group of six of us hiked to the highest mountain in Ireland and climbed to the top, where we pitched a tent right on the summit, and went to sleep.

In the morning we crawled out of the tents and found that the cloud level was just six feet below us. We were camped on the summit, and there was only a "tennis court" of the mountain above the cloud.  Since we were on the highest mountain in the country, all we could see was cloud, and our "tennis court".

I had pictures, but where they are I don't know.  But is was like being high on something.

Rankjo

Reminds me of our Mt. St Helens trip.  Started out a cloudy day, didn't realize the clouds were low enough we drive thru them to the other side.  Almost turned around because it was getting very hard to see.

Attachments

• CIMG6004.JPG
    CIMG6004.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 34
  • CIMG6013.JPG
    CIMG6013.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG6058.JPG
    CIMG6058.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 35
Ron,

I appreciate your "gentle professional critique" of photos. You see things in photos that I sure don't see as a stumbling amateur. Thanks.

Thanks for all the kudos. I was only the messenger; my daughters friend originated the shots. I just fixed the second one up a teeny bit, and forwarded/shared the pix.

carson fl

What neat images.  Very cool.  Nice to see what a little photo enhancements ca do too.  Bravo!

Betty

Back
Top Bottom