Verizon 100GB Hotspot for $10/month

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

Bit the proverbial bullet and talked to Verizon about my options for data given we're getting ready for our winter escape. We don't use that much data when not traveling and have converted one of our two phone lines to Visible and with our current plan I have 32 GB hotspot data on my tablet and 16 on the cell phone. Whoa... should have been paying more attention as I use the phone hotspot much more.

Anyway, after the usual back/forth for far too long, I was told that for an extra ten bucks per month under this new plan I could get 100 GB extra hotspot data per month for my phone and keep the 32 on the tablet. Sounded too good so I had the rep go over every detail multiple times to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I said I'd call back when ready to travel but, no need. She entered the start date which will automatically take effect at that time. When we're back home, I can cancel the extra ten bucks per month.

That's a very good deal, indeedy! Any idea what plan it is on?

Thanks,
Ray
Good question. But at no point in the conversation did the rep refer to this new plan in any other terms other than a "new plan". IOW, no fancy name such as "100GB +" or some such thing. Not to say they don't have name for it, but... :unsure:

I looked for it on their website and can't find anything related to this so it might be something new that hasn't been unveiled yet? Either way that's a great deal! Enjoy it.

Ray

When I was fulltime I had (and still have) a Verizon unlimited data plan.

My second WiFi was AT&T as a backup in case Verizon coverage was bad.

The trouble with Verizon is that $10/month will be $30 by the time they add in all their extra fees and taxes. That's why T-Mobile is usually a better deal. The price you see is the price you pay.

When I was fulltime I had (and still have) a Verizon unlimited data plan.

I have one of those grandfathered unlimited plans too. It’s like a treasure now ; )

ATT is technically my business backup plan but I’ve found lately it has better coverage than Verizon. Strange.

Ray

Sore point with me whenever I find myself speaking to a Verizon rep is when they describe a plan as "unlimited". Perhaps some are grandfathered in such a plan but any/all other plans these days go with a HUGE qualifier with respect to this unlimited nonsense.

"Sure, use as much data as you want, it's unlimited!! Of course once you reach your "cap" you'll find that even trying to load a basic webpage might take several minutes. Streaming movies?!? Right, very funny... :ROFLMAO::devilish: "

So t-mobile is tax free?
Yes. I had Verizon for 11 years then switched to T-Mobile 18 months ago. The advertised price is exactly what you pay every month. Plus T-Mobile has plans with free Netflix forever worth $17/month. Another difference is unlimited with no throttling. And real lower cost senior plans for those living outside Florida.

Verizon always had at least $20/month extra charges and taxes that varied each month. Plus suspicious charges of around $10 that popped up occasionally. They never explained and would drop those charges when I called and asked what the charges were for. If you have Verizon you need to review your bill every month.

The trouble with Verizon is that $10/month will be $30 by the time they add in all their extra fees and taxes. That's why T-Mobile is usually a better deal. The price you see is the price you pay.
That's another reason I like Visible. $25 or $35 a month is what you pay, no added taxes or fees. I also have a grandfathered "$20 a month" AT&T Mobley with unlimited data that actually costs $23.51 including taxes and fees.

Yes. I had Verizon for 11 years then switched to T-Mobile 18 months ago. The advertised price is exactly what you pay every month. Plus T-Mobile has plans with free Netflix forever worth $17/month. Another difference is unlimited with no throttling. And real lower cost senior plans for those living outside Florida.

Verizon always had at least $20/month extra charges and taxes that varied each month. Plus suspicious charges of around $10 that popped up occasionally. They never explained and would drop those charges when I called and asked what the charges were for. If you have Verizon you need to review your bill every month.

My wife and I have the Magenta 55+ plan. $35 per line unlimited everything. Roaming in Mexico and Canada. I also have several of the $20 unlimited tablet plans for the kids
taxes/fees included.

I have one of those grandfathered unlimited plans too. It’s like a treasure now ; )

ATT is technically my business backup plan but I’ve found lately it has better coverage than Verizon. Strange.

Ray

Sore point with me whenever I find myself speaking to a Verizon rep is when they describe a plan as "unlimited". Perhaps some are grandfathered in such a plan but any/all other plans these days go with a HUGE qualifier with respect to this unlimited nonsense.

"Sure, use as much data as you want, it's unlimited!! Of course once you reach your "cap" you'll find that even trying to load a basic webpage might take several minutes. Streaming movies?!? Right, very funny... :ROFLMAO::devilish: "

OK - Technically I do get throttled on my "unlimited" plan but I can still stream while throttled, at least tethered to my phone. I think high speed for me is 100Gb.

How has your experience been with T-Mobile's coverage network?

Ray
generally quite good, there are areas more to the north west of the US that have no service but they are steadily building out new towers in what used to be VZ or ATT only areas. the 5G coverage is improving considerably. some places we stay that had no TMO coverage only 6 months ago now have fast 5G coverage. I also have an ATT backup service just in case..

We've been using Visible with a portable router so we can connect multiple devices all at the same time, for 3 years now and STILL have never been throttled. Our Visible is in use all day long for both our personal computers, streaming television (Roku) and my wife's work-from-home company laptop. 3 years, running all day, at least 3 devices at the same time, and NEVER been throttled. It is truly unlimited. Our cost is still at $40 a month. Well worth it!

We have AT&T cell phones for hot spot backs-up if the Verison signal is non-existent.

With our WeBoost booster, even if the Verison signal is extremely weak, we can still be 100% fully functional with Visible.

For us, this is the best deal going. Very reliable. Works flawless. No complaints ....3 years strong now.

Bit the proverbial bullet and talked to Verizon about my options for data given we're getting ready for our winter escape. We don't use that much data when not traveling and have converted one of our two phone lines to Visible and with our current plan I have 32 GB hotspot data on my tablet and 16 on the cell phone. Whoa... should have been paying more attention as I use the phone hotspot much more.

Anyway, after the usual back/forth for far too long, I was told that for an extra ten bucks per month under this new plan I could get 100 GB extra hotspot data per month for my phone and keep the 32 on the tablet. Sounded too good so I had the rep go over every detail multiple times to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I said I'd call back when ready to travel but, no need. She entered the start date which will automatically take effect at that time. When we're back home, I can cancel the extra ten bucks per month.
A little late, but that must be for the phone you still have on Verizon. Both of the Visible plans have unlimited data with no throttling, both via the hotspot and on the phone.

I got a card in the mail today that Verizon is now also trying to give money away. Much like Chevy and Ford.

Did any others get this card today? I meant to bring it here to Auburn today, but I think I left it at my house in Reno. But it was from some court back east somewhere saying Verizon could owe me a hundred bucks.

Did other Verizon people here get that card? What's it about? I only took a very quick look at it.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom