Verizon 4G LTE Down 12/28/2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ned,

No problem with unlimited dated continuing, but they still want an extra $30/mo for Hotspot.

I still may do this and upgrade the the USB modem to 4G. For the UBS modem Verizon won't carryover the unlimited service, but with the Hotshot on the Droid I can get away with the 5gig plan for $50. This is a net $20 increase in the monthly Version bill. (+30 less the $10 decrease for the USB Modem service)

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
No problem with unlimited dated continuing, but they still want an extra $30/mo for Hotspot.

Correct, but since it's a feature it can be turned on and off.  I've been trying it out today, but I'm having trouble connecting with my tower.  It was fine for several hours, then it dropped the connection and won't connect again.  The netbook connects and works fine.  I did a speed test tonight, 21Mbps down/6Mbps up.

Thanks - good to know it can be turned on and off since it will really be a backup to the USB Modem.

My desktop has never like any of the 3 wireless usb adapters I've tried. It will constantly drop the connection. I finally gave up and used the LAN feature on the Cradlepoint CTR 350 to connect to the desktop - always solid. My laptop and the Ipad2 always work with the wireless connection to the CTR350.

My desktop computer is a Dell Ultra Small form Factor Optiplex 755. Same problem with the previous one - also a Dell.

Back
Top Bottom