Verizon V Millenicom!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom Hoffman

Found out something interesting today. 

When Millenicom started capping data at 20G a month, we always had to buy extra data to get from the 19-20th to the end of the month as we were told that we were using about a G a day.  So resulting real costs were around $180 for 30 G (paid for 40 never went over 30).

Well when Millenicom went toes up last month, I waited to see what if anything Verizon would offer.  I never noticed the Msg on the MiFi device to call in and hear the offer.  I got antsy and when I read here on the forum that Verizon was offering 30G for $130 I called up and went for it.

Surprise, Surprise,Surprise!!!

My data usage as of 28 Oct to today is 5.5 G.  We have changed nothing.  We should be over 21 to 22 G usage.

Was Millenicom padding the data usage to boost income for the final 6 months???

Me thinks I smell a rodent!

Has anyone noticed anything similar?

Tom...

20-30GB is a lot of data usage unless you watch movies on it.  My DW and I are on line A LOT in my opinion and we seldom go above 10GB.

No movie downloads ever.  I read a lot of books and stories and participate on several forums and my wife plays games and face book.  Thats it. 

I think we were being played by Millenicom. 

Did anyone else use over 20G with Millenicom?

I was going to download a free Audio Book from Amazon yesterday and when I saw it was 485 M  I stopped and didn't finish as I believed I may have been getting to a 20G amount and didn't want to run out by the end of the month.

I tracked my Millenicom usage both on Millenicom's site and on a MyVerizon direct account (Yes, I know we weren't supposed to do that.), and the usage was always substantially the same on both. Now that I've switched to Verizon direct on the $100/mo 20GB month-to month plan they offered, the usage is not showing up at all on either my MiFi or MyVerizon account unless I download the daily usage log and add it up. My only complaint with Millenicom was having to buy a full 20GB at $90 to finish the month. The Verizon plan I have now charges $8/GB for overages, but I only pay for my actual rounded up use. I like that better since it saves me money...

Just checked my Verizon on line and the usage shown is correct. 5.78G used in the past 23 days so something is strange,  I will keep monitoring it.  My MiFi shows the Usage so it is easier than logging in each time.

Tom...

I stayed with millenicom till i got my second notice i then made the call two days ago to verizion i use about 30 gigs a Mo. and
we use a roku device so we watch movies and i also Skpe with my family plus you tube on our laptops.

I do have verizion service for my cell and they offered me 30 Gigs for $150. a Mo. now i see they have others 30 gigs for $130.
what gives?? guess they don't have set prices on there data :mad:

Supposedly the 30G for $130 ended 10/31  obviously not in your case.  May be because you were w/Millenicome.  I really am beginning to not trust any Cell Carrier.  Their shenanigans seem endless.

We use Verizon and on our last 2-month trip, I kicked the data allowance up to 8GB.  We use it for the same sort of things as Tom and this was more than enough - until DW decided one evening after i went to bed to stream a movie.  In HD.  Verizon did an excellent job of warning her every time she exceeded a new 2GB overage.  She got up to around 12 GB.  The next morning she called them up and instead of levying any overage charges, they simply upped our data allowance for that month.  They also set it up to automatically kick it back down to 2GB at the end of the month since we'd be home by then.  Then they did it.  That gave me some confidence in them.  We also have an app that quickly tells us how much of the monthly allowance we've used at any given time.

Back
Top Bottom