Visiting Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
    Sarge, that would require that I actually was going hunting, we come to your fair country as a snowbird, to swim and lap up the sun (notably diminished this year).  What the OP and the postings refer to are carrying for protection.
    Tony, I'm not sure about a DUI, but we can be banned for up 10 years for spending an extra day here in excess of our 6 month allowance .

Ed

An explanation of why visitors to Canada having DUI's on their records may not be admitted.  In Canada impaired driving is an offence under the Federal Criminal Code.  Ex-DUI's are treated at the border like any other potential visitors with an unpardoned criminal conviction, and can be excluded.

Oh I am aware of that Ed, and Canada has the same policy for long guns. I took the long gun into Canada for "wild animal protection", which I did. If I had written that it was for "personal protection" they would have spun me around in a heart beat and sent me packing. 

Is the retired police Sargent saying that he did not tell the truth and the whole truth to the border officer  ;)  In our case, the penalty of getting caught telling an untruth is not worth the risk, plus we would need to show them a copy of the hunting license.

Ed

It seems that everybody is dwelling on the fire arm issue instead of the most important part. The journey and the memories that can be had in this country. The diverse scenery and cultures that we have here make this country so unique. It would be so sad if that is was the only reason not to come and visit this country, wether you do the west or east, we have so much to offer.

Kdcamper  2011 Chev 3500 lt cc rockwood 8329ss d.p. Husky centreline air ride hitch

Nope. I am saying that the reason stated was exactly what I brought it in for. And in 2 instances at campgrounds we were warned checking in that walking with our dog may be dangerous due to recent bear sightings in and around the campground.

On being nice...I have a friend who with several other hunters went to Canada on a duck hunting trip. They had all gotten their permits to take their shotguns into Canada and were in the process of clearing customs at the airport. One gentleman thought that the custom officers were taking to long to process him through and in a loud voice let them know that he was in a hurry. After a few clicks on the computer the custom officer noted that he had a record of have a DUI 20 years ago and that he could not enter Canada. All the other hunters were process through with out the computer check.

TonyDtorch said:
even with all the super Canadian border check gun control,  and yet it's still very easy for the Canadian outlaw motorcycle clubs to get hand guns.

it makes me think of that old saying... "if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns".
what your missing entirely is the fact hand guns are legal in Canada.they are not outlawed at all and there are thousands of them.I personally have a 44 mag Black hawk ruger and a matching 22 long.Its the use and carry of them that's severly restricted. basically can not carry a hand gun.need permit to transport it and only can get one(permit) if you belong to gun club and want to go to it and practise

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom