Voyeger RV Camera Failure - Any ideas how to fix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrisrice

Hi All!

I have a '07 Fleetwood Discovery that came with a Voyager camera system. There is a rear tilt camera and a right / left turn signal camera.

Yesterday it started acting funny. First, the camera wouldn't change when I put the turn signal on. Then I just got gray bars on the monitor and no images from any of the cameras.

I pulled the fuse, put it back, then the cameras worked - great!

Then later that evening, I started the coach and now have just a gray screen - no images. The monitor seems to work as I can see the on screen controlls, etc. But no image...

Thanks for looking at this with me!

Best regards,
Chris

I came up with a partial solution. I wanted to post it here in case someone else has this issue in the future. I have a theory too, and maybe someone smarter than me can tell me if I'm on the right track or not.

Basically, I narrowed the issue down to the Voyager monitor. I think it would be pretty odd for all 3 cameras to go out at once. Nonetheless, I checked all the wires etc.

I noticed that when I remove the fuse, I sometimes get it to work - not always...

So, I pulled the fuse, got it to work. Then I turned the MONITOR OFF, then the coach. I wonder if it is important to turn it off first before cuting power...

Shouldn't make any difference how you turn it off.  I'd be more inclined to think you have a bad/intermittent connection in the wire that is fused - maybe even in the fuse holder itself. COuld also be a poor connection where the camera feed enters the monitor.

[/quote]
Our Voyager b/w backup monitor went blank. We found a check out procedure at www.asaelectronics.com & was able to troubleshoot till instructions said replace monitor. This monitor was no longer available. So we had to upgrade.
We found [email protected] to be very helpful & knowledgeable & had best price of people we priced. We changed to a new color LCD monitor & changed all three cameras to get the color. We expected to require a little hand holding, but everything went smooth & was just as Tim said. We didn't even have to call for any questions.

chrisrice said:
I came up with a partial solution. I wanted to post it here in case someone else has this issue in the future. I have a theory too, and maybe someone smarter than me can tell me if I'm on the right track or not.

Basically, I narrowed the issue down to the Voyager monitor. I think it would be pretty odd for all 3 cameras to go out at once. Nonetheless, I checked all the wires etc.

I noticed that when I remove the fuse, I sometimes get it to work - not always...

So, I pulled the fuse, got it to work. Then I turned the MONITOR OFF, then the coach. I wonder if it is important to turn it off first before cuting power...

We were blessed with a Voyager monitor system on our new coach. So far, in less than a year, I have replaced the monitor 4 times and one of the cameras due to moisture. The second camera now has moisture in it. If you have to spend money on it, best to find a more reliable brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AvaRidge
Back
Top Bottom