Wall Mart oil price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I worked a hard, dirty, hot and cold job at a cement plant for 30 years as a union man......bla bla.........but the workforce has changed today........my opinion is that if the worker is giving 100% and can't get the pay or benefits that he/she needs.........then they need to move on to bigger and better or dirtier and harder ............remember that the unions only started because of unsafe working conditions.......and then things got out of hand over the years......

I guess i just wonder why the big difference in price???.......I also buy all of my parts for my local napa, they give me  a good discount because i am a long time customer............but they sure can't sell me 5 qts. of Valvoline syn for 23 bucks........and make any profit.......

Things will work out it just takes time......   

Will, I don't have any vehicle service/supplier contacts that go back to my dating days  :) , but I do use a full service garage for most all of my oils, oil changes and mechanical work.  I chose this guy because of a statement he made to me many years ago.

He was doing an oil change and asked me what kind of oil I wanted.  I flippantly said "any oil will do, it's an old car anyway".  His answer was; "is this the best car you have?"  When I answered "yes", his answer was, "then that's the way I want to treat it."

Judging from his volume of repeat customers, I suspect he knows what that approach is worth to his business. 

On topic:
There could be any number of reasons why Wally has the subject oil for such a low price.  Chief among them could be that it is a future close out item (for what ever reason).  Shelf space in all those Big Box stores is planned months in advance.  Prices are often slashed to ensure product is gone by the arrival date of the new replacement product.

Case in point;  Back when Lowe's stores were closing out the RMP-3 products by Zepp, I bought a 5 gallon pail of it for $4.40 (regular price $68.00).  There was no IN STORE or Web Site announcements of why the price change at that time. 

Just Lou said:
On topic:
There could be any number of reasons why Wally has the subject oil for such a low price.  Chief among them could be that it is a future close out item (for what ever reason).  Shelf space in all those Big Box stores is planned months in advance.  Prices are often slashed to ensure product is gone by the arrival date of the new replacement product.

Case in point;  Back when Lowe's stores were closing out the RMP-3 products by Zepp, I bought a 5 gallon pail of it for $4.40 (regular price $68.00).  There was no IN STORE or Web Site announcements of why the price change at that time.
That is so true.  Two years ago Walmart had Penzoil Ultra and Plus 5W-20 on closeout for a bit more than conventional.  I bought every bottle they had on the shelf since I had three engines that took the same grade and all needing a change.  Shortly there after the bottle changed to Platinum and Platinum Plus and price was back up.

The real question is oil has dropped 50% in last 6 months when will motor oil drop 50%.I two get my oil at Walmart 17.50 for 5 Qt jug of Ford oil. Auto Zone 25.00 dollars for same jug of oil. Auto Zone does have deals if you by 50.00 dollars of stuff you get a discount .So if you buy a lot you could save.

Back
Top Bottom