walmart and not using slideout/jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While spending a weekend at a Walmart with permission we got lucky and right where we were allowed to park there was an electrical outlet on one of the light standards that we were able to plug into...moral of the story look at the light standards for a plug in..the bad part is we only found it on day 2 of 3 so it was like heaven after two nights of complete boredom with not enough battery power to run much..we were going to lowes for something to after several trips in and out of Walmart (never empty handed I might add)...

Uhhh, those electrical outlets are not there for your use, unless perhaps the manager gave you explicit permission to use them. In my opinion, doing stuff like that gives RVers a bad rep.

I travel with heavy blocks for my front jacks, so I can camp anywhere without worry of sinking into soft dirt or hurting pavement. Our current rig is totally usable on wheels and slides in, but I have to think about future rigs. As much as I hate to, the next one will probably require a slide out to sleep.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Uhhh, those electrical outlets are not there for your use, unless perhaps the manager gave you explicit permission to use them. In my opinion, doing stuff like that gives RVers a bad rep.

That my friend is the essence of being a courteous RV'er. While I'm sure the store never noticed the extra draw on their meter...I would have asked even if it was to run my gen set. Worst they could do is say NO. That's a word I've heard before. Then too because I asked they might be nice and say YES.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Got that right.  Only my opinion, but that rates up there with theft.  Also interesting .... 2nd or 3rd day?....  I run our quiet genset in the back of the truck, not any louder than one of the 18 wheel rigs next to us that's for sure. 

We did ask if we could use it as we only used it for the TV for 3 hours tops, we were not using it to fire up everything OF COURSE...as it was our last night there and considering we were parked almost next to a side door that the manager was frequently in and out talking to us I don't think we would have hid an extension cord very well.  Uhh, Assumptions were incorrect so a "bad rep RVer" I am not..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timothious
Back
Top Bottom