Wanting 5th wheel toy box--toyhauler owners opinions on their rigs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinner12002

I'm planning on purchasing a 5th wheel toy box or toyhauler, which everone you want to call it, but before I do I would like to hear from owners about their rigs and their likes and dislikes and what brands have the best quality for money spent.

I'm making my own to haul my off-road truck.  I haven't been able to find a comercial unit that is affordable that will also haul the weights I'm looking at, so I found an older gooseneck 25' unit that I am converting.  I'll post pics once I get rolling.

Attachments

• toyhauler.jpg
    toyhauler.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 14
Mine is a trailer, not a 5th wheel, but we love it.  Good unit thus far so I have to give Desert Fox a thumbs up!

We have a Keystone Raptor, no major issues so far. I really like the onboard fuel station and generator setup and the large capacity for fresh and grey water on ours. It makes it nice and self sufficient for when I take it hunting. Some units have a rear wall in between the garage section and some don't, I prefer the wall myself. We use the back section as a seperate room for the kids once we get to our site and they really love it. I have a pair of bunkable cots set up in there and they would rather sleep in them than a bed or pullout dinette.

Janpaul, you made me think of some of the hunting expeditions I've been on...  ;)  Six big dudes in a pop up in Wyoming.  5-gallon pot of chilli...  Wish to God that we had a rear walled-off storage unit for my brother.  The next morning stench compressed the foam mattresses in the camper.  :p

I have actually been looking real hard at the X-Aire model made by Newmar in a 42 ft version. It has a total GVWR of 21,000 lbs so getting the right tow vehicle is important also. One thing I really like about it is the richer look it has on the rear tailgate. Everything is all molded in, hinges, latches all unseen, looks really nice.
I still want to hear more from other owners. Keep em coming, I haven't made up my mind yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom