Wash & Dry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bghouse said:
Do you find you need a dehumidifier in your rig with all the clothes hanging wet? 

I was in an apartment with no washer dryer and had this Panda unit that had a spinner also.  I never bothered to hook it up, just use the shower head extension to fill it up manually.  Wondering if I could do the same with the Haier?

About the dehumidifier...
Mostly I hang dry off a rack I built that hangs off my ladder. It's a piece of metal with holes drilled to hold hangers. I attach clothes and towels etc to hangers then hang in holes on my rack out back outside. When hanging inside, I haven't had an issue with humidity, but I have loads of windows and often have them all open and a fan going cause I love fresh air and airing out the rig.

In the winter, my heat dries out the place, so the clothes hang drying inside is sort of a welcome relief. The spinner in my machine gets them pretty wrung out, so nothing is really that wet. If I am hang drying, I give each piece a good shake out before hanging up, this helps it dry quicker.

Well you are going to be pretty busy trying to fill it on your own (without the quick connect fill). You still have to drain it, my drain fits down the bathroom sink, so it drains that way and quick connects to the bathroom sink faucet. But if you fill by hand, you have to fill to wash then fill the rinse. The quick connect will do that for you, plus it knows when to stop so it doesn't overfill based on the size and weight of clothes inside.

Attachments

• old rack.JPG
    old rack.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 29
  • new rack1.JPG
    new rack1.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 28
  • new rack2.JPG
    new rack2.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 30
  • indoor drying.JPG
    indoor drying.JPG