Washer and dryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Fitz

In talking to a salesman at the dealer.  He said they don't generally don't order their Class As with washer/drier combinations.  He indicated most people do their laundry in the RV park.

So I'm doing a survey of all of you long time campers.  A couple (ok a few) questions.
1.  Does your Class A have a washer/drier?
2.  If so, is it a stackable unit or a combination?
3.  If you have one, how often do you use it?
4.  Is it worth the cost?
5.  Is it worth the space you give up for the washer/drier.
6.  Any other comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Fitz

We have a 5vr and we had a combo installed 3 years ago. I really believe my DW would get rid of me first before this combo. She comments about it all the time how much she likes it. She always hated to go to the CG Laundromats.

We have a class A with stackable washer and dryer that we use all the time. Definately worth the added expense. Our previous rig was a fifth wheel with a combination unit. We used it but would never go back after having the stackables. The combination unit is much slower and much smaller loads. Not a fan of laundromats.

We do not have our camper yet, but DW must have list is W/D hookups and lots of kitchen counter space, in that order.  She WILL NOT DO LAUNDRAMAT unless really desperate.

Washer/dryervwas on our must have list. We have stackable. No need for laundry basket or hamper as we just put dirty clothes in the washer and when full we run a load. We have washed sheets and towels in the motorhome. However if the cg laundry is really nice, we prefer to use those. The dryers are good and hot so towels dry faster and sheets have more tumbling room, which makes for even drying.

We have stacked units in our MH. Had a combo unit in previous MH. Prefer the stackable, but the combo is better than none. Use ours a lot. Having a washer/dryer is a deal breaker for me.

Yes.  It was a requirement.  I detest Laundromats and Jerry hates waiting for me.

Combo.  I wouldn't give up the upper storage area which is huge.

Constantly - when we have hookups of course.  I do lots of small loads.

You better believe it!

I wouldn't give it up.

It actually was my husband who was the first to put it on the required list.  I didn't object!

ArdraF

Add us to the stackable owners group.  Love them and would not have another unit without them.

We also have the stackables. We use them every time we need to do laundry (and have hookups - the washer uses lots of water, the dryer lots of electric power).

I had a Splendide Combo Unit.  Worse yet it was not the vented model.  I rarely used it because it took so long to do a wash and dry cycle.

When I installed the Solar system last year I took it out and gave it to the guys at Discount Solar to free up the space where it was located and so that I could access the wall behind it to bring down the cables from the solar panels and to mount the controllers and combiners in the wall.

The temporary seasonal workers at Discount Solar use it in the shop to do thier laundry.  They throw in a load and let it work overnight and it seems like that is how long it takes...lol

Now I would have an entirely different attitude about it if it was a two piece stacker system with a vented dryer.  You do know that I am a Stacker guy

Yes.

Splendide Combo.

Darn near daily. It's at its best doing small loads, so we just throw in a few things and let it do its thing while we do something else.

We think the convenience is worth the price.

That depends on how much space you have available. We did NOT think so in our 36 ft coach, but we do in the 40.

We aren't averse to laundromats, but it sure is nice not to depend on them, wait around, sometime endure crappy places, etc. Combo w/d are not fast, especially since the dryer is 120v, but they are fully automatic so you can toss in a load and go out to lunch or take a hike or whatever. The wife sometimes does a load late at night while watching tv. Let the machine do the chore by itself and don't get hung up because speed & capacity isn't the same as home.

Also: we are long term campers, 4-5 months per year (continuous) in the RV. We live largely like we do at our winter home, so we have regular laundry. If we were weekenders or vacationers, we might save up the dirty laundry and bring it home, or make one trip to a laundromat during out stay, but laundry convenience is more valuable when you spend months at a time in an RV.

Jim Fitz said:

1.  Yes
2.  Stackable
3.  Every few days when I have a decent load to do.  I still sort ... heavy, dark, light, white, towels, sheets.
4.  Ours came with our slightly used unit.  The previous owners had the MH custom ordered.
5.  Absolutely.  I wouldn't give up my refrigerator for the space either!
6.  Even when we don't have a sewer connection, I still do laundry and dump into the tote.  Haven't used a laundry in a campground or in town since we bought this MH 3-1/2 years ago.  We full time.

I managed very well without a w/d when we didn't have one, but now I would never be without one.

Stackable units were a must for us. We would never want to be without them.

One of our first purchases after getting our 5er was our combo unit. We would have preferred the stackable but were afraid of giving up that much closet space since we haven't packed yet for fulltiming. Just can't do laundromat!

Vicki

The Splendide combo is doing the sheets right now (two loads for allking sheets and pillow cases). I like to think Tara would give up the w/d before me,  but I'd hate to test it! :eek:

Ernie

Yes.

Combination (vented).

Every time I have hookups.

Yes.

Yes.

My Splendide works well, no problems.  Cannot do huge loads but I do not need to. 

If really unsure what to do, take your laundry to the local laundry mat on the next laundry day.  If you don't really enjoy that time, you know what to do.

We have a stackable washer and dryer in our fifth wheel and love them. Used almost daily. DW would not want an RV without them this our second unit with the combo, first time was in a motorhome.

allygerry said:
We have a stackable washer and dryer in our fifth wheel and love them. Used almost daily. DW would not want an RV without them this our second unit with the combo, first time was in a motorhome.

You confused me which doesn't take much. Do you have a stackable (separate washer and dryer) or a combo (washer and dryer in one unit)?

Stackable two separate units washer on bottom dryer on shelf over the washer. Sorry for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom