Washington State to Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lou Schneider said:
If I'm taking I-40 I fill up in Barstow. That gives me than enough fuel to get to one of the truckstops at AZ 95 past the CA/AZ border.

AZ 95 is 20 miles or so east of Needles.  If you're taking US 95 on the California side south from Needles, a short detour north through Needles to the Arizona side of the Colorado River will save you close to a buck a gallon compared to Needles prices.  There's a Mobil station just north of the river and an Arco with diesel and room for big rigs less than a mile further north.

One time I saw a California CHP car fueling up at the Arizona Mobil station.  In the immortal words of Stan Lee,  'nuff said.  ;)

When I am going on east on I-40 I use the Exit 8/AZ 95 junction Truck stops or just go on up to Kingman. Westbound I always fill up at the AZ 95 fuel stop. When I lived in Oxnard and had family in Albuquerque that was a every other month trip for me. Now I am back in NM and the kids are in SF Bay area so it is a 3-4 times a year trip.

Using AZ 95 to get down to I-10 is not a good route IMO unless you want to deal with Lake Havasu traffic or find a nice camp ground on the AZ side of the river.  I just make sure I have enough fuel to get down to Parker from Barstow using US 95 and CA 62 when I use I-40 in CA. Barstow to Parker is 210 miles and I can do that unless the headwinds reduce my mileage to 7 mpg, which they have not done yet pulling the 5er  ;D.

My preferred route is still I-10 and I use the TA in Indio as a fuel stop to get me to Exit 45 on I-10 in AZ, past the goat rope involved at the border and Quartzsite fuel points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom