Water Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob T

Afternoon Everyone

Just took possession of a 2008 Vectra 40TD. Couple of issues that the dealer will be looking after but I'm trying to source replacement water filters for the coach.
The whole coach filter seems to be standard in the Winnebago but I cant find a replacement cartridge in Canada. To make it more difficult, the label on the cartridge holder is gone.

The other filter is the drinking water filter. It can be removed and automatically bypasses the holder. Its a 3M USF-A filter. Ive found on the net that it can be replaced with the more effective USF-C but once again, cant find it in Canada (specifically Ontario).

Im a bit archaic in that I don't purchase online.

Would anyone have any knowledge of where these can be purchased and which cartridge would be for the whole coach system.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Congratulations - that's a fine coach!  Our 2005 didn't have a whole-house filter - can you post a picture of that filter?  The under-the-sink filter is a standard <whatever> - I'll have to look at my cartridge to see what it is.

That big whole house filter element for those canister type units can be bought at most hardware stores and maybe even Canadian Tire or Wallmart. Mine was made by Culligan.They are usually identical to the whole house filters use at home, at least mine are. My drinking water filter, which sounds a bit different to yours, is underneath the Kitchen counter and is similar except I use a charcoal element rather than a paper one. The elements on mine are about 10" long and maybe 2" in diameter and looks like this paper one.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 12
Here are some photos that I was able to get.
The under counter filter is a quick release, just requires about a 1/4 turn
The other, there is a label that has been removed, the manufacturer is Sureflow and it is listed as water guard but no sizes.  Took both filters to Canadian Tire, Home Depot and Water Depot but no one has any that would fit.

Have posted some photos below, hopefully someone has these type and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Attachments

• Under counter 1.jpg
    Under counter 1.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Under counter 2.jpg
    Under counter 2.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Coach 1.jpg
    Coach 1.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Coach 2.jpg
    Coach 2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 28
The filter John showed looks a lot like those used in a Kenmore refrigerator. You might try Sears or other refrigerator supply but they sure don't give them away up here!! I bought 3 via the internet last winter while down south and got a much better price $20 each instead of $55 cdn+ tax!! Your house filter looks like it would take the element I showed in the picture.

You might like to get used to shopping on line, especially if you spend time in USA. I never did before, and seldom do here in Canada, but.....

Thanks everyone for your help.
This is an incredible resource,  i spent quite a bit of time reading in this forum before I got the coach and
I think it was a great help.  Many of the systems I was familiar with being a long time boater but there are subtle differences.

Thanks again to everyone.

Bob

Bob T said:
..Many of the systems I was familiar with being a long time boater but there are subtle differences. ..
Lots of boaters and ex-boaters here!  We lived aboard a 40' ketch for over six years.  Glad you got your answer and we're happy to help.

You have the same under sink filter as I do.  Have you tried Amazon?  I got mine from Dyers RV for $13.15 USD but don't know if they ship to Canada.

Ken, thank you.
At Dyer RV they now seem to be in the $30. range but thats better than I've found.
Guess I'm going to have to get into online purchasing. Guess its never too late to teach an old dog new tricks eh?

I will see if I can time a delivery for when I go to US for a long weekend camping trip.

Thank you again

Our 08 Winnebago Journey's house filter is also a Sureflow by Water Guard. We found whirlpool filters at Lowes to be an exact replacement. Was about 10.47 in 2008 for a package of two.

Bob T said:
Ken, thank you.
At Dyer RV they now seem to be in the $30. range but thats better than I've found.
Guess I'm going to have to get into online purchasing. Guess its never too late to teach an old dog new tricks eh?

I will see if I can time a delivery for when I go to US for a long weekend camping trip.

Thank you again
Oops, I got the numbers reversed.  ite was 31.50 shiped

The under sink filter that you showed is the same as I have on my coach. It is the 3M cartridge A. The only one that I see on the Dyer site is the A1 which is different. I get my A model from this site:

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/product.do?process=wishlist&part=113561

I searched all of the marine outlets around Sarasota, FL for this filter and no one had even heard of it.

This straight from Dryers website.  There is also a Type C filter that is a bit more but also filters out more

3M Under-Sink Basic "A" Replacement Filter
Item #:53348
Brand:3M
Model:5614505
Filters: Reduces chlorine taste & odor. Plus dirt, rust, sand & silt.
Price: $28.44

3M Under-Sink Advanced "C" Replacement Filter
Item #:53349
Brand:3M
Model:5614506
Filters: Reduces chlorine taste & odor. Plus dirt, rust, sand & silt, plus offers reduction of lead3, mercury3 and VOCs3.
Price: $39.91

kenb1023 said:
Oops, I got the numbers reversed.  ite was 31.50 shiped
The A1 filter has been discontinued and replaced by the C-Cyst-FF. The new one through Dyer RV is around $63 and the filter itself is longer but did fit in our Winnebago ERA 170X.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom