WATER HOSE FOR VIEW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCD52

Please advise on the best water hose and the length of the hose to connect at a camp site and to fill up the water tank. Maybe any water hose just wish to confirm.
Thanks

My current go to reasonably priced hose is a Flexilla hose (they are drinking water safe), I carry a 10 ft Flexilla hose, and a longer heavy duty blue Camco hose for those rare occasions when the water hookup is more than 10 ft away.

Another vote for Flexilla hoses. I carry two 25' hoses and one 3' hose that connects my whole house water filter to the city water inlet. I use brass quick disconnects on all connections with a pressure regulator that also handles the screw connection to quick disconnect transition at the spigot.

Do you have a gravity fill port, some Views do, some don't. My 2007 23H did not, but I know later models did, at least in some years and models.

I carry a 30ft white Camco potable water hose from Walmart in the RV supplies. I also carry a ZeroG water hose that collapses when you remove water pressure from it. It is 50ft and coils into a small bucket for storage. I have used it once when I backed the trailer all the way into a deep site, only to realize that the power and water pedestals were up close to the street.

I travel with the fresh water tank full and use the water pump. In do not connect city water and leave it hooked up (well, I did one time for four days, but turned it off at the hydrant every night and anytime I left. I just keep refilling my tank and run the pump for water, much safer, no pressure to blow out a line.

Charles

Attachments

• IMG_20221226_232828863.jpg
    IMG_20221226_232828863.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1
Thanks all...the best part of being a newcomer is the excellent practical advise from folks on the Rvforum.

Just to confuse you more, look at Gilmour drinking water hoses. Wally world is selling 25' hoses for $10. Nice hose that does not go flat but its native shape is an oval making it a lot easier to coil and store.

Any water hose will do. Some have a taste, some don't - none will kill you because of it - all will eventually lose that taste. If you buy one longer than needed, hoses are easy to coil up. Not rocket science.

Only the cheapest hoses might have a chemical taste anymore, and no hose labeled for "potable water" will. And as Tulecreeper says, none of them will killl you. Some find the collapsible types that lay flat when empty to be extra convenient, but most have no problem coiling up the traditional type either. 25 ft will handle most sites you ever encounter and 12-15 is usually plenty. The Camco hose you get at a Walmart rv section is as good as any, but suit yourself.

I carry 300 feet of hose with me all the time, because.... you just never know what is needed.

State Parks in Indiana, mostly, do not have water on site. They have a common spigot for a larger group of camp sites. But, if you have a long enough hose, you can stretch to the spigot and fill your tank. Then disconnect it. This way you don't have move the camper to fill it up again.

Very, very seldom do we ever have a campsite with water on the site. So, having garden hose is very, very important to us.

I keep 200 feet on a real. I searched high and low for the one in the photo when my old one (plastic) finally broke. I needed it to fit my storage area. It took me about 2 years to finally find this one. It's all metal, works great for my needs.

Since that photo was taken, all my hoses have been switched over the white one.

In addition to the 200 feet that real will hold, I also have another 100 feet stored elsewhere. I have a 25 foot hose I use for transporting water from my separate water tank when I'm beyond 300 feet of a spigot. I then have extra to make up the 300 feet.

I have not used it yet, but I recently bought two food grade water bladders. One is 25 gallons and the other is 50.

I also bought a spare rv water pump to use for transferring water into the RV just like the picture above.

I figured that if my current pump needs replacing. I can use this spare.

I also bought a kind of neat little flow meter that goes in the line to show how much water you have pumped.

Hey if I deliver water to a desperate boondocker, I have to know how many gallons I can charge a huge price for.

The bladders fold up nice and small.

Back
Top Bottom