Water intrusion at bottom of wall behind passenger seat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lwasouth

05 Itasca Horizon.  Had found a wet spot on the wall and floor behind the passenger seat.  Thought I had solved the problem by sealing where the wires for the door awning entered.  Last night we had a very heavy rain (3") in 1 hour, so this morning we checked for leaks and only found 1.  The same spot behind the passenger seat, just rear of the seat belt anchor post at the floor and wall.  Wall feels wet a foot up and the carpet is also very wet.  This time I found it.  At the bottom of the A&E electric awning arm is where the electric enters the coach, but you can't see it.  Remove the 2 screws that hold the bottom end cap on and you can see the hole.  It originally  had caulk in it, but long gone!  The plastic insert that hides the wire in the arm funnels the water directly to the hole in the coach wall.  I drilled a drain hole in the cap, filled the hole with wet/Dry sealer.  Could apply to any coach with the A&E electric awning

Thanks for the heads up. The A&E awning is on the curb side of the coach, so I asume you mean that the leak is behind the passenger seat?

Yes, behind the passenger seat - sorry for the error (I won't give anymore electrical suggestions)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom