Water Leak Fixed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blackbird

Waking up this morning I had water all across the bathroom floor running into the living area. Hurricane Ike did a fly-by last night, so of course I blamed him. The search for the source was on! I had no idea tracing a water leak would be so frustrating. After an hour of looking, wiggling hoses, and crawling into very small spaces I found it. The cold water coupling (one of six) behind the wall, in between the toilet and water heater. I noticed it only leaked when the toilet was flushed... This is going to be fun. Fully aware I have a brand new '09 TT, I decided to wave my right to warranty and grab the sawzall. I haven't the time for a dealer to spend 3 days on a  job this small. My learning process began: The 1/2 inch water lines in these things are stout. Almost like a soft PVC if you will. I fiquired I could just wiggle the old clamp off the hose and replace. Not so. I was told you have to replace the entire elbow, so that's what I did. You have to cut the hose at both ends and install the new 90* elbow. Before you put the elbow on make sure to slide on the two screw in couplers on the hoses. Pull the hose tight up to the elbow on both sides, then tighten the couplers with pliers. Not too tight, as it is plastic. You don't need any silicone. This probably seems dismall to most, but it is the first repair I've done. It actually makes one rather proud to fix your RV yourself.  ;D  Pic included

Attachments

• water leak fix 002.JPG
    water leak fix 002.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 45
Good job.  There are many repairs that at first seem insurmountable that can be done by anyone that's somewhat handy.  As you found out, it's sometimes easier and quicker to do it yourself rather than take it to a dealer, even if under warranty.  Often the repair will be better too.  And you'll have learned something about your RV in the process.

Like my grandpa always said, If you want it done right and fast?  Do it yourself!!!!!!!!!!!        Good job!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom