Water leaks everywhere 😬 does anyone else have water leaks in their 1988 Winnebago Elandan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Minnie winnie

So I'm new to the rv game I've purchased a 1988 winnebago elandan 6 months ago from a couple. Will come to find out the leaks won't stop does anyone else have the same problem???

Welcome from WI. Was this in an area prone to freezing, it may have had the system froze and busted several pipes. Does indeed sound like a project.

No I'm in Phoenix, it does have a lot of miles on it. And last owners didn't really take care of it 😕 they had 10kids I had to scrub all the cheeto stains off the floor and walls 🙄

It should not be surprising that there are problems in a 36 year-old RV that wasn't well-cared for. RVs are subject to a lot of road vibration and chassis flexing. That cab cause a lot of wear & tear over the years.

You will have to work your way through the leaks and other problems. We can probably advise on any individual repairs.

Even if you do all the extensive labor yourself, expect the RV repairs to cost a lot of money. Even if you succeed, you may spend more money than dropping the old project RV for a newer one in better condition. In addition, the current water damage may have caused a serious mold condition which could be extremely expensive to mitigate.
Wishing you the best whatever you decide.

I had some leaks first spring after buying a used one late fall and was not able to fully check it out. After first 2 I pressurized the system with air at 45 psi to find leaks rather than waiting for the water to run all over, lot less mess.

I had some leaks first spring after buying a used one late fall and was not able to fully check it out. After first 2 I pressurized the system with air at 45 psi to find leaks rather than waiting for the water to run all over, lot less mess.
This is the way to find leaks! You can use a large box fan in a window to pressurize the interior and spray a soapy solution all over the roof.

Before you spend any money on your project RV, make a comprehensive list of what needs to be repaired, replaced or updated, you might be amazed at how much work and money it will take to put it into usable condition.

Also, there's a bunch of RV parks that restrict age of the units, they will have a cutoff number (say ten years) and specify they must inspect any older RVs before admittance.

I assume you are referring to water system (plumbing) leaks and not roof leaks (which it probably has also) Winnebago has dropped any diagrams and drawings they have for anything older than 1990 models but here are links to the 1990 Elandan PLUMBING DAWINGS (both models, pick yours) and this may help you in following plumbing.
  • Elandan (P)
Charles

Unless you have the skills and physical ability to do all the repairs yourself you may spend more on repairs than you paid for it. With stick and brick houses it's location, location, location. With RVs it's condition, condition, condition.

What is leaking, exterior leaks or plumbing leaks????
Without specific information about the area of these water leaks we are all playing a guessing game, with no winner.
After reading header states WATER, I looked back and missed that in my last early morning stupor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom