Water Pressure Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nspoacamper

I am having water pressure issues with the camper. We are hooked up to city water and when you first turn the water on in the camper I have pressure. Then it goes way down. Is there a check valve or something in the city water hook up that needs replaced  or can you take it out? I unhooked the hose and see there is a spring and a white like plunger deal. Any help with this would be great .

Yes there is a check valve at the inlet, but you don't want to remove it. Water would run right out as soon as the hose is disconnected and you couldn't pump water from the RV's own tank. Is there a screen at the inlet? It may be clogged.

Try running from the RV's water tank, using the pump. Do you have the same problem there? If so, it's not the inlet check valve. If not, then we need to be looking at the hose, inlet (check valve and possibly a built-in regulator) and the city supply itself.

By the way, what year/make/model of camper is it?  That helps us understand what you have.

Thank You very much I will try all of this and get back to you. I will get the camper information as well. The camper is on a permanent site and is never moved. There is no screen I know this.  The pressure is good for about 5 seconds then it goes away. I also took the hose off and the water pressure out of the hose is very good. Thanks again for your reply and I will get back to you .

Do you have filters installed in your coach? If so, they may need changing. Over time of no use of water, the pressure has time to build up through the dirty filter(s) and looks great for the first second the faucet is opened, then goes to a low flow situation as the volume of water the filter will pass is not sufficient to keep the pressure up.

Thanks I will check and see Thursday. I myself have a 2008 36ft Salem camper and love it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom