Water Pressure Regulator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gary.  You mention you rarely use a regulator in the eastern USA.  Is there a reason you would not want to leave your regulator on all the time even if the PSI is below what you have your regulator set for?

Merely convenience. I use a "whole house" Watts regulator, which is fairly heavy and bulky, so I don't get it out unless I think I need it.  If you use one of the little ones that can stay on the hose all the time, you can leave it in place if you like. Be aware, though, that those restrict water flow (volume) a lot.

Gary,

I just ordered a new Watts regulator.  The H560G.  Will it restrict waterflow very much?

Attachments

• watts H560G.jpg
    watts H560G.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 22
I have the Watts 263A and don't notice any restriction, can't sat about the model you have. :)

Was hoping for first hand feedback from someone that had used it and honestly I didn't think about checking the flow rate before I ordered it.  I checked the flow rate on the Watts website.  They rate it at up to 250 gph.  If the correct formula is 250/60, that = 4.16 gallons a minute.  Is that a pretty good flow rate?  Still to cold here at night to test it and I want to have to something to look forward to when Spring hits.  ;D

4 gpm is plenty, but 2 gpm is marginal. Most people aren't happy with the shower water flow at 2 gpm. The flow rate varies with the source pressure and the amount of pressure reduction you have dialed in. It appears the H560P can to do 250 gph at 40 psi, but I would run it at 50-60 psi output, for better flow and pressure.

Gary RV Roamer said:
4 gpm is plenty, but 2 gpm is marginal. Most people aren't happy with the shower water flow at 2 gpm. The flow rate varies with the source pressure and the amount of pressure reduction you have dialed in. It appears the H560P can to 250 gph at 40 psi, but I would run it at 50-60 psi output, for better flow and pressure.

It's set at 40 psi out of the box.  I'll crank it up to 55 once we start using it.  Thanks for the tip Gary!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom