Water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill715

I dewinterize my Winnebago Travato 59G today.No water coming and water pump keep running.I connected to city water and got antifreeze drained out.Any suggestions what to do.Water pump is shurflo 4008-101-F65

Do you have the option of filling your fresh water tank just by positioning a fill valve while hooked up to shore power. If you do, you may have forgotten to position that valve back to city or normal.

1. You don't need to use the pump when connected to city water. The hose should supply its own water pressure.
2. The pump draws its water only from the fresh tank, so there MUST be some water in the tank for it to work as designed.
3. If you have a valve that fills the fresh tank from the city inlet hose, that valve must be closed (turned to the USE position instead of FILL or BYPASS) while the pump is in operation.

Depending on your design you may have air trapped in the pump, I have found on my coach when filling from empty that I will sometimes need to get water into the lines by opening the faucets while connected to shore water in order to purge the air from the water pump.

Yes I filled the fresh water tank full through fresh water inlet.Than I open water pump and open the sink faucet.Air coming out and just few drops but no consistent flow.Water pump keep running but no water coming out.

Air coming out and just few drops but no consistent flow.Water pump keep running but no water coming out.
Did the system work with city water connected to be sure that everything is filled with water? Does your RV fill the water tank from the city connection by just turning a valve? If so, when the tank fill is left open after the city water is disconnected, the water pump will draw water from the bottom of the tank and pump it back into the top of thank and continue running until you turn the pump off. I suggest that you check that valve if you have not done so.

Last edited:
Yes I filled the fresh water tank full through fresh water inlet.Than I open water pump and open the sink faucet.Air coming out and just few drops but no consistent flow.Water pump keep running but no water coming out.
But did you close that tank fill valve once the tank was filled? What you describe is exactly what happens if that valve is still set for filling the tank.

When you winterized did you connect a hose to the pump water inlet to put the "pink stuff" into the water lines? If you have any connection between the fresh water tank and the pump inlet not tight and are leaking air -even a little bit - the pump will not draw water.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom