water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

longracing25

I have a 1999 shasta pull behind, just got it. When i hooked up my house house to it....because of pressure(of course) the faucets flowed no problem. When I turned on the pump switch by the sink,..nothing.The light did come on, and i did fill the water tank. Checked the fuse and it's good. The battery needs replaced i think, it doesn't hold much of a charge out here in our driveway after i leave the charger on it. The power cable is a 30amp, so of course i have NO outlet here to test anything. I bought a 30/15 converter and thought maybe i could test SOME things here at my house. The nearest REAL test...as in a campsite is about 60 miles away...and of course i'm not gonna go there and realize...uh oh....things don't work.  My question....shouldn't the shr-flo (or whatever) pump work with 15/30a plugged in? I have not checked with tester yet,...but i just wanted to see if anyone said ...."no, you need the full 30amps"

My question....shouldn't the shr-flo (or whatever) pump work with 15/30a plugged in? I have not checked with tester yet,...but i just wanted to see if anyone said ...."no, you need the full 30amps"

Yes, it should work.  The only thing that would push you over 15amps would be an RV air conditioner.  A water pump should not come even near that.  Do find a 15amp circuit in you house that does not have much else on it in the house -- a garage circuit is the best place to start looking for such.

The water pump runs on 12vdc, not shore power (120vac). It needs battery power, but when you are connected to shore power your trailer's battery charger should provide plenty of 12v to operate the water pump, even if the battery is dead.

You should be able to run most everything in the trailer fine with 15A shore power. Just avoid the air conditioner if other things are also drawing power.  If you want to test the a/c with the 15A shore power, make sure neither the fridge nor the water heater are set to using 120v power.

If you have your home water hooked up to your motorhome the pump will not turn on as you have water pressure present from the homes water source.

Carl L said:
Do find a 15amp circuit in you house that does not have much else on it in the house -- a garage circuit is the best place to start looking for such.

You should see the crap in my garage at the stick house hooked up to the house service!  ???
Safe enough, but I had to giggle...

Back
Top Bottom