Water Softener questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supernova227

I have a lot of questions about watersoftners too.  I need one desperately.  What I don't know:  Does my water pressure drop?  Do I have to use the filter to fill my holding tank and then use the onboard pump for the shower?  I would like to avoid putting water in the holding tank.  Is that possible?

I have experience no drop in water pressure with our water softener.  I am not sure why you are asking about a filter.  I have a sediment filter and pressure regulator on the water line near the water supply hook-up.  Water goes through that and into the water softener.  Output from the water softener goes to City Water Supply.  On my coach, I can turn a valve and the softened water fills my onboard tank.  I don't have to put any water into the onboard tank when hooked to shore water.  Just use shore water through the pressure regulator, sediment filter and then the water softener.  I hope that helps.

I split these two posts from Rex's (LK23) water softener thread in the Winnie board.  Sounds like we have generic softener questions to help the poster with...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garwaldo
Back
Top Bottom