Water tank drain problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mookie6

After disenfecting my 98 gal tank, I flushed it out with fresh water and turned the drain valves to drain, it took 4 hours to drain. Is this normal or am I missing a step? I turned the pump on during the process and it helped somewhat. 4 hours seems a bit much.

Your drain tube or valve is likely clogged.  I had the same problem, and finally got around to unscrewing the valve and tube that come from the bottom of my fresh water tank.  Mine are pretty easy to reach through a storage compartment, yours may or may not be.  Anyway, there was a bunch of gunk all clogged up in the valve which flushed right out after I ran hose water through it backwards.  Now it drains like a pro!  Well it still probably takes 30 minutes, but that's no 4 hours.  ;)

Uh also, be aware of any water left in the tank when you remove the drain tube.  It will of course come rushing out!  My storage compartment got a little wet when I did this, until I got a funnel in place to divert the rest of the draining water out onto the ground.  ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom