We are Gary & Rita from The GW Channel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... but what 3 links ...

The links in these 3 messages:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,109129.msg982368.html#msg982368

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,109136.msg982446.html#msg982446

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,106314.msg982464.html#msg982464

I have a Bachelor in Digital Film and Video Production...

Congrats, and apologies for interpreting your prior comment "I am a film major" as you possibly being a student  :-[

... I have my own channel for my own interest?

Like others, I'm confused by the relevance of the trailer and the relationship to the GW channel, which appears to cater to "different genres". I did try watching the video and, although it appears to be well done, I haven't yet come out the other end.

I really hope this turns out to be the "friendliest forum like it states."

Stick around a while and you might be pleasantly surprised. We've been around for 24 years, and many of our members have stuck around a long time. A number of us are here multiple times daily, and help folks who have all kinds of questions on RVing and related subjects.

G+R Travels said:
If you don't want to take the time to watch G&R Travels no feelings hurt just don't make it into something its not! Have a great day.:)
PS Youtube pays you for commercials placed on your video and as you can see clearly there are none on mine, of course you would actually have to watch the video to know that.
One of the reasons I joined this forum was not just to show my hard work invested in putting together nice trips that people can take in their RV, but to also gain access to other nice trips I can do in the future myself and share with other people, so my question to you SeilerBird is what do you have to offer me as a newcomer other than negative responses and feedback?

Sounds like you got a rough start here.  Please don't take it personally because some of the things you are falsely being accused of have happened here with increasing frequency so the natives tend to be wary.  To me it sounds like a honest venture which could be of interest to some of us.
We are not all naysayers but do exercise a degree of caution of 'those bearing gifts' as some have been stung before.  Have a good day and stick around.

Bill

PS:  I just read some of the later posts and they give you good advice on how to better appeal to the RV crowd. 

Isaac-1 said:
Welcome, I did watch about 20 minutes of your video, then skipped through the rest of it watching a snippet here and there.

Overall I thought it was well produced, though I wish the video clips would be a few seconds longer each.  I also wish you would show a bit more about each of the places where you stayed.  Unlike many other online RV travel videos, you don't seem to spend much if any time showing the RV, and a longer look at the RV parks might be nice too, particularly the amenities (laundry room, pool, etc.) for those that may consider staying there.  I also feel you would get more viewers from the RV crowd if you were to make shorter segments say 15-20 minutes each.

Ike

Thanks Isaac, I will keep that I'm mind and I greatly appreciate the input.

Tom said:
The links in these 3 messages:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,109129.msg982368.html#msg982368

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,109136.msg982446.html#msg982446

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,106314.msg982464.html#msg982464

Congrats, and apologies for interpreting your prior comment "I am a film major" as you possibly being a student  :-[

Like others, I'm confused by the relevance of the trailer and the relationship to the GW channel, which appears to cater to "different genres". I did try watching the video and, although it appears to be well done, I haven't yet come out the other end.

Stick around a while and you might be pleasantly surprised. We've been around for 24 years, and many of our members have stuck around a long time. A number of us are here multiple times daily, and help folks who have all kinds of questions on RVing and related subjects.

Thanks Tom and any input to improve the quality of what people might be interested in seeing such as from Isaac as well as great trips to take would be greatly appreciated.

Bill N said:
Sounds like you got a rough start here.  Please don't take it personally because some of the things you are falsely being accused of have happened here with increasing frequency so the natives tend to be wary.  To me it sounds like a honest venture which could be of interest to some of us.
We are not all naysayers but do exercise a degree of caution of 'those bearing gifts' as some have been stung before.  Have a good day and stick around.

Bill

PS:  I just read some of the later posts and they give you good advice on how to better appeal to the RV crowd.

Lol Thanks Bill I will keep that in mind have a good one.

I went to your site. The RV video was nearly an hour long. I never spend that much time on a video. Remember many of us are in our RVs a lot and seldom have a link good enough for streaming. 
Not everyone is on an unlimited data plan, an hours worth of streaming uses a lot of data.

Dragginourbedaround said:
Not everyone is on an unlimited data plan, an hours worth of streaming uses a lot of data.

Most places I use their wifi not my data plan, but noted thanks.

Like others, I'm confused by the relevance of the trailer and the relationship to the GW channel, which appears to cater to "different genres".

Care to enlighten me? TIA.

G+R Travels said:
Most places I use their wifi not my data plan, but noted thanks.

Most campgrounds, the WiFi stinks.  This year, we subscribed to Verizon and purchased a jet pack  so I would never want to watch any of your videos if they are real long. Like said previously, will eat up too much of my data.

Well, I watched it.
Decent technical camera work.
I think I see what you're wanting to do, but, Y'all have some serious competition out there.
Need to step up your game.

LarsMac said:
Well, I watched it.
Decent technical camera work.
I think I see what you're wanting to do, but, Y'all have some serious competition out there.
Need to step up your game.

Well thanks for watching, but what would you like to see in a video whether it's mine or not that's what I am looking for?
Pictures are nice, but they never tell the full story?

There is a lot of work in putting these together, so you have to find a balance if I went full blown production I would never enjoy my own vacation. With peoples opinions I can keep what is relevant to what they want to see and get ride of everything else. For me I look for scenery, amenities, space size and location.

Rene T said:
Most campgrounds, the WiFi stinks.  This year, we subscribed to Verizon and purchased a jet pack  so I would never want to watch any of your videos if they are real long. Like said previously, will eat up too much of my data.

Agreed Rene the wifi does vary, but my videos are meant to be watched at home when you are planning your trip not when you are taking it. I have movies and a dvd player when wifi is poor, of course I'm usually outside sitting at my campfire playing cards with a good glass of wine and some sharp cheddar cheese rather then watching a movie though.

Tom said:
Care to enlighten me? TIA.

Sure Tom, I have worked on many projects over the years and that is a reel of some of my work, as has been not'ed earlier by someone my channel caters to different genre's, mainly though what is of interest to me. I love the outdoors but do to age I won't be backpacking much in the future so my replacement will be more RV Travel.

It would be nice since so many of you have been RVing for so long to hear about some of the trip that you really enjoyed and why, so perhaps I could look into doing them myself.

G+R Travels said:
...as has been not'ed earlier by someone my channel caters to different genre's...

That was me, but I didn't realize that the GW channel was yours. Thus my confusion.

It would be nice since so many of you have been RVing for so long to hear about some of the trip that you really enjoyed and why...

Our members have posted numerous trip reports over the years, many of them illustrated. Try browsing our Trip reports, journals and logs message board, and our Trip reports Library section (Library button in the menu above).

I watched the entire video.
Most of it was very good.
I enjoyed the Ariel Views.
The music was a nice touch too.

What would make it better?

List prices paid at ALL campgrounds visited, not just some of them.
Maybe some video of the office, laundry area, electric & water hookups at the parking spot etc.
I don't know if it would solve the problem of glare but maybe mounting the camera pointing outward up near
the rear view mirror to eliminate glare from the dash showing up.  Worth a test?  Otherwise mount it outside to eliminate any glare
from the glass.  That would make it look more professional IMO.

Maybe do 1 or 2 park reviews per video to keep the videos to a length of 10-20 minutes each.

IF you have never been to MI that would be a good trip next summer for you.  A run up the east side of Lake Michigan (west MI) is a
nice ride along one of the largest fresh water lakes (yes it looks like an ocean) and there are RV parks along the route.  You could
continue up the coastline all the way to the bridge that connects the lower and upper parts of MI.  Best in mid June through mid August.
A boat ride to Mackinaw Island is worth the trip - Great fudge and taffy.  No motor vehicles are allowed on the island except airplanes can land.
But do your research and book in advance as summertime is the only time most people RV in MI so summer is really a busy season for RV'ing.
Daytime temps usually run low 70's to high 80's as we don't reach 90's but a few times a year and for us to hit 100? is mostly unheard of.

I think what you really have is what most of us call a blog.  And many of us have such blogs ourselves, so the term "channel" confused most of us because we thought you were talking about a TV channel.  This was a terminology problem for us.

Also, many of us live full time in our RVs, so we have only access to the internet through campgrounds and mobile hotspots.  Even if I had the gigs to watch it, a full hour is MUCH too long.  Five minutes is more reasonable to expect most people to watch.  And for some of us, a "trip" is months or even years long--not something we do on weekends or vacations because a lot of us are retired.  (My current trip has been over five years long.)

I appreciate your efforts, but hopefully as you do more reading on this site, you will get a better idea of the audience on this forum and our lifestyles and so will be able to better explain your site. 

I think what you really have is what most of us call a blog.  And many of us have such blogs ourselves, so the term "channel" confused most of us because we thought you were talking about a TV channel.  This was a terminology problem for us. 
I think what he has is a Vlog not a blog, because most of what he has to say is on video and on youtube they're called channels. Two channels that come to mind are the Wynns (used to be motorhome now is sailing) and the long long honeymoon (Airstream). Both have how to vlogs on youtube that deal with travel. The Long long honeymoon's videos are usually less than 10 minutes long.

Tom said:
That was me, but I didn't realize that the GW channel was yours. Thus my confusion.

Our members have posted numerous trip reports over the years, many of them illustrated. Try browsing our Trip reports, journals and logs message board, and our Trip reports Library section (Library button in the menu above).

Thanks Tom I will check it out.:)

RedandSilver said:
I watched the entire video.
Most of it was very good.
I enjoyed the Ariel Views.
The music was a nice touch too.

What would make it better?

List prices paid at ALL campgrounds visited, not just some of them.
Maybe some video of the office, laundry area, electric & water hookups at the parking spot etc.
I don't know if it would solve the problem of glare but maybe mounting the camera pointing outward up near
the rear view mirror to eliminate glare from the dash showing up.  Worth a test?  Otherwise mount it outside to eliminate any glare
from the glass.  That would make it look more professional IMO.

Maybe do 1 or 2 park reviews per video to keep the videos to a length of 10-20 minutes each.

IF you have never been to MI that would be a good trip next summer for you.  A run up the east side of Lake Michigan (west MI) is a
nice ride along one of the largest fresh water lakes (yes it looks like an ocean) and there are RV parks along the route.  You could
continue up the coastline all the way to the bridge that connects the lower and upper parts of MI.  Best in mid June through mid August.
A boat ride to Mackinaw Island is worth the trip - Great fudge and taffy.  No motor vehicles are allowed on the island except airplanes can land.
But do your research and book in advance as summertime is the only time most people RV in MI so summer is really a busy season for RV'ing.
Daytime temps usually run low 70's to high 80's as we don't reach 90's but a few times a year and for us to hit 100? is mostly unheard of.
Thank you RedandSilver great info I actually have an outside 4K camera I will use on the next trip I just didn't have time to mount it on the first one, the rear shots of the trailer while on the road in the video I was using it. Your input was great and much appreciated, In the future I will focus on some of the things you mentioned on my next big trip early part of next year and will also work on shorting the video's and covering more pertinent information. Thanks very much for your input.:)

Back
Top Bottom