Weight of a 2007 29R?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divide wee

We are in the process of picking up a Sightseer 29R.

I have not been able to find the dry weight of the unit to figure the carrying capacity. Has anyone actually weighed their coach as we all are told to do? If so could you let me know the figure and what was in the coach so I will have an idea as to the amount of STUFF I can safely haul?

Thanks,
Mike

The Cargo Carrying Capacity should already be calculated for you on an RVIA-mandated sticker somewhere inside the coach. Often in a cabinet somewhere. It uses the factory supplied dry weight + propane + water + estimated passenger weight to determine how much of the gvwr is left for gear.

Estimated passenger weight is the variable - it is 154 lbs x the number of sleeping positions provided, e.g. bed, folding sofas, etc and is usually in the range of 4-6 x 154 lbs.  If you have fewer people on board, you could carry more gear.

But you still need to weigh your coach when it is loaded for travel.

Here's a pic of the weights for an '08 on an '07 F53 chassis if it's of any use.

Al in Spokane

Attachments

• weight1.jpg
    weight1.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 74
John,

Rain in Spokane, surely you jest. The lawn sprinklers are running as I type. We're in a rain shadow from the Cascades here in the eastern part of the state.
And a big thank you goes to you for helping to keep this forum going.

Al in Spokane

Attachments

• wa_precip.gif
    wa_precip.gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 16
I don't have mine close by but Al's looks close to what I remember for our 05 29R. I strongly recommend getting it weighted (each tire if possible) as soon as you get it outfitted. We had it done by a company after attending GNR a couple of years ago. We were under the totals but had more weight on one side than the other so we moved some things around. It will also give you a much better idea of tire inflation pressure and towing capacity. 

If I read the sticker that Al provided correctly (including the fine print), when you fill it with fluids and 600# of occupants, you're at max GVW??  Sounds like something some of the less scrupulous (and no longer operating) manufacturers would do - but very unlike Winnebago.

Well I am wrong more often than right, but my understanding is that you have 1650 pounds of Cargo Carry weight. I thought that means with full water, gas and propane, you can have an additional 1650. That would be the occupants, dishes, food, dogs, etc.  We had our 29R weighted with full gas and 2/3 water and all of our travel stuff on board and we were 600 pounds under the Gross but had near 400 pounds more on the driver side. (wife suggested she and I trade places to balance the load  :eek:) . I think you really just need to load it the way you want to travel and take it some where an get it weighed. You can make adjustments from there if you need.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom