Well Wishes to Fred Thomas 5-14-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the good news, Betty.  We're hoping Fred is out of there soon and back on the road.

Thanks for the update, Betty. Fred is on the mend. Way to go, Fred!!  Hugs to Daisy.

Regards,
Jack and Liz
Now in Buena Vista, CO

What a wonderful little world here!

1. Fred is the center.
2. Fred and Daisy are the inner circle - Betty may be counted to the inner circle
3. The framily builds the outer circle.

And everyone wants to see Fred recover fast and permanent. Everyone wishes all the best to the inner circle.

And you ask me why I love this forum? It is not only because of the functional side of this forum. But because the humanity and comradeship I feel here. May the forum stay the way it is!

Before I forget: Fred, you look so adventurous even in the time of illness. I want you to live the adventures of RV-life for years and years together with your Daisy!

Phil said:
Any word on how much longer Fred will be in the hospital?

Phil,

No specific word.  Likely the docs will want Fred to be breathing easier and exchanging oxygen with efficiency.  I'm sure they will want to see how well he responds to the antibiotics to clear up that  spot of pneumonia prior to discharge.  In other words NO CLUE. 

Daisy has committed to the staying at the KOA for a month so that gives Fred time to get disharged from hospital and to  get some strength back before hitting the road for a yet unnamed direction.

Betty

Just getting caught up on news of Fred--Peg and I join the other well-wishers in wishing him a speedy recovery and urging Daisy to take care of herself as part of his recovery plan.

Ciao,

Doug

Fred and Daisy, am also just getting caught up on this. So glad to read that you are on the mend, Fred.

Looks like you and Russ may be joining our AM walk at QZ in January!! Remember, there is no requirement to keep pace with Helaine.

Take care, my friend. Best wishes for a continued successful recovery.

So nice to read that Terry and Betty are there with you guys . . .

Fred and Daisy,

We are sad to hear of your trouble, but very glad that you are doing well.

Now Fred you listen to Daisy and continue to get better.

We are glad that Terry and Betty were there to help and to follow up with you on your progress.

Hope to see you soon.

Take care,

Ken

May 23, 2009

I spoke to Fred and Daisy today.  Fred was released from hospital  in Richfield Utah, yesterday.  He will  need oxygen 100% of the time.  He is still very weak but happy to be "home"  in their motorhome. Daisy said they both slept  very well last night. One can never rest in a hospital.

He has been ordered to follow up with a pulmonologist as there is "something going on with his lungs."   He is still on medication for  pneumonia.  They plan to stay at the KOA in Richfield until he regains enough strength  to travel short distances back to their home in Sierra Vista where he will do his medical follow up.

Daisy is  having to remind Fred that  he can't expect himself  to just jump back into doing things as normal, he must take it easier.  This growing older is a challenge................

Daisy is having trouble getting  a wifi signal and her cell service is very poor so she is  a bit frustrated with communications.  I will keep in touch with them and forward the updates.  Thanks for  your concerns and following the updates.

Betty

Glad to hear Fred's been released from hospital and thanks to Betty and Terry for helping Fred & Daisy and keeping the rest of us informed.

George & JoAnn/ATL

Great news about Fred's release from the hospital!

Hope all goes well with his continued recovery!

This also gives me a chance to continue a discussion that Fred and I were having about tractors at the Rally.  We had talked about the McCormick-Deering 10-20 that I gave him a picture of, but I had started to tell Fred about a big green tractor that I had seen in Monticello, UT, south of Moab, a few years back.  I tried to describe the size of the thing to Fred but was doing a poor job of it and could not find the pictures I had on the laptop either.

SO, I found the pictures of The Big 4 and thought Fred might find them interesting. They are below.

Here's a link to more current information about this tractor that Larry Miller, another Framily member and tractor enthusiast, sent to me.  http://www.sjrnews.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&widget=full_story&content_instance_id=98055&open=&

Hope you enjoy this.

Don

Attachments

• Big 4 1 sm.jpg
    Big 4 1 sm.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Big 4 2 sm.jpg
    Big 4 2 sm.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Big 4 3 sm.jpg
    Big 4 3 sm.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Big 4 4 sm.jpg
    Big 4 4 sm.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Big 4 5 sm.jpg
    Big 4 5 sm.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Big 4 6 sm.jpg
    Big 4 6 sm.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 17
Fred --

My apologies for writing the previous and almost referring to you in the third person!

Of course you are home and will be reading the mail for yourself!

DOH!

Get well soon!

Don

Well, guys and gals, we are so overwhelmed with all your wonderful prayers and good wishes.  They must be working, as things  are a little better now, even the WiFi seems to have improved some, if even for a short while  ;).  We are so very appreciative, our words cannot describe.  We are certainly grateful to Betty, Terry, Sue and Jeff Cousins for being there and helping me out.  I don't know what I would have done without them.  They helped to make some valuable decisions for me and to see to my well-being.  We owe them all big-time!!!

Fred continues to heal, we see the doctor tomorrow for a follow-up and we will see what plans we can make after that.  Fred's legs still are weak, and he has trouble walking very far, but his breathing is now steady on the oxygen, so that's an improvement. 

Again, thanks to all.  We really love our framily and for all they do for each other.

Daisy and Fred.

Hang in there Fred and Daisy. And don't forget that our air in these parts doesn't have a lot of oxygen so take it easy....there are days when I have trouble walking, too, and I live here !!

Good vibes continue your way. Holler if you need anything, we're only 4 hours away and my sister Bonnie is in Annabella.

Wendy

I feel very bad for having missed this whole episode.  I was off the forum during this time, but obviously back now.  Fred, you are too ornery to be down very long.  Get healed and take some pressure off of Daisy.  Shirley and I wish you a very speedy recovery.

To Fred and Daisy,

Well, it's been quite some time since we were in the same RV park in SLC, was that about 1998?  I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend, Fred. 

I'm in Houston, TX right now and will likely be here for a while.  I'm married now.  My wife, S?nia, is currently in Brazil but will be joining me at the end of June.

If anyone gets to the Houston area, I'm camped out at the Rayford Crossing RV park in Spring, TX.  It is a 5 star RV park.  I'd love to have some visits from the framily.

Fred, and Daisy, I have a much bigger trailer now and a bigger truck too!

My dad had to go on oxygen temporarily this month, but the problem was due to a low blood count (anemia) and a blood transfusion solved his problem.  He wasn't looking forward to carrying an oxygen bottle with him everywhere.  Don't know what caused his anemia yet, but they're working on it. 

He's 88 but he's back to lifting weights and mowing his yard again. 

Hey, I hope to link up with some phorum pholks some time.  Trouble is, I don't get to choose my destinations very often.

Fred and Daisy,

We're glad to hear you're on the way to recovery.  We've never met, but we want you to know that you're in our thoughts and prayers.  If you're ever down this way, stop by and we'll sit down in my shop and talk about my old tractors and engines  and I can tell you everything I need to work on how I never seem to get the time to get anything done.

I officially retired yesterday, so maybe we'll be traveling enough to meet at one of the rallies.

Hi Daisy,

Great to hear Fred is doing better. I'm sure Fred knows Master Chiefs can overcome any obstacle. We are now back home and I hope to make the videos of our first trip west with you and the Binningers soon. That should give him a good laugh!!!

Back
Top Bottom