We're now Texas land owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like we may get a lot of company when we're here :)  Maybe we need to put in more pads.

Congrats you two.  It looks like a nice piece of property - once the cactus are gone! :)

ArdraF

Geez, Leave you two alone for a few days and look what happens! Congrats!! Looks like a really nice place, and I might actually not bypass Texas on my way out to the real West ;D Keep the Scotch handy.
Haven't been here long enough to see if they even have a yacht club.
Hey, even QZ has a yacht club - why wouldn't they? I can see it now... another El Toro fleet; Ned with whistle in one hand, stopwatch in the other, and wondering which one to drop so he can sip his Jameison. ::)

Congratulations Ned and Lorna.  Timber Valley's loss is Canyon Lake's gain.  We're sorry you won't be our neighbors here in Sutherlin, OR but very happy for your good fortune in Texas.

Margi and Tom

Congratulations!  Some of the nicest folks I know are Texans.

[Did I mention that my son lives in Austin?]  ;D

Congrats ,

Cindy and I stayed at Potters Creek at least 4 times a year, before we sold the boat. The lake is very nice and clean, the area is a great staging place for short 3hr or less trips to just about every nice place in Texas.
Enjoy it , and don't forget to feed the deer there, they show up in the evenings looking for handouts.

Ken

We've had deer every morning, afternoon, and evening :)  Until today, it's cloudy and windy and they're laying low.  We don't feed them, and it's posted to not do so.

Ned said:
We've had deer every morning, afternoon, and evening :)  Until today, it's cloudy and windy and they're laying low.  We don't feed them, and it's posted to not do so.

Oh you are feeding them just like the other land owners even if it isn't intentional. ;)

This is in the COE park, not our property.  However, with all the trees around, I expect we'll have deer there too.

They used to sell Deer Feed at the little store outside the gate of Potters Creek ? I guess times have changed.

Lorna and Ned,

Congratulations you two.   Cindy being a Texas lady herself, informs me that Ned will now have to get himself a big hat and a pair of boots.   He should refer to his lot as "Mah place down over by the lake".

Congrats Lorna and Ned.  Great area, if you HAVE to settle in Texas.  ;)  Fred and I stayed at an AF FamCamp on Canyon Lake, but can't remember the name of it.  (I'm too lazy to go look).  Think it was the MWR for Randolph AFB.  We had a great time there and loved the area.  Haven't been back in the vicinity for a VERY long time, though.

Daisy & Fred

Steve, thanks.  We're enjoying Florida-like weather right now, shirt sleeves and a bit humid, but no sand fleas or mosquitoes :)

Carl, Jack Pierce told me tonight I have to get a new hat :)  The boots are out, however.

Daisy, it was nice to get the call from Fred tonight.  We'll be seeing you in a few weeks are are planning on New Year's with the group.

Grats Ned & Lorna!  Wish we could find a small lot for RV use.  We are jealous.  Hate seeing our annual rent go up and up and up.

Grats also on the Packers.  They have become my favorite NFC team this year.  I love seeing an ole farte do well!  Go Packers!

Ned:

When are you heading west? We will be coming through around the 18-19th of December.

Howdy, Framily.
Barb and Frank Weimert and Jack and I were invited to see Ned and Lorna's ranchette, near Canyon Lake, TX. Their spread is  a really nice piece of property. We met their neighbors who are also SKPs. The surrounding area is scenic and the air smelled so clean and fresh.  Their lot is on a slight rise which is good because any excess rain will drain away down towards the road.  Lots of live Oak and cedar. And of course, the required prickly pear cactus.  ;D  They done good!!!

Regards,
Jack and Liz
P.S. Now Ned needs to get a REAL hat!!! A Western hat!!!  ;D  ;D

Ned, Congratulations.

Glad you don't have Cholla, the jumping cactus. Prickly Pear, however, might be worth keeping. Not aggressive, and definately doesn't jump on you.

Oh, and the boots. No self respecting Texan would be without'em.  ::)

I know you'll do the right thing.  ;D

Ray D  :D ;D

Back
Top Bottom