Wet under flooring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hockeymom14

Hello new to forum.

We have a 2000 holiday rambler and found that the floor under the flooring was wet. We removed and dried under flooring Behind the drivers seat. Replaced the rubber seal on slide. Chaulked all under the slide and the floor under the slide.

Rained really hard last night, slide was I. And find that water is still getting in but it under the flooring. Can?t figure out where the water is getting in.

Any suggestions on where to look?

Thsnks

Are the walls wet in the area of the wet floor?  Look for a water trail.  It could be coming down from the roof along a seem or something.  I take it the rig is parked and not going down the road.

I can?t see or feel that the walls are wet. We have tried chalking everywhere on the roof. The motorhome is parked. Driving me crazy.

Thanks

The caulking where the roof joins the sidewall is one major suspect. So are window frames. The water runs down inside te wall and out onto the subfloor.  If there is a window in the wall where the seepage start, remove the window and re-install with fresh butyl caulk tape behind the flanges.  Then put a THIN bead of clear silicone or urethane sealant around the top edge and both sides of the metal flange (frame).

There are YouTube videos showing how to remove and reseal RV windows.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
The caulking where the roof joins the sidewall is one major suspect. So are window frames. The water runs down inside te wall and out onto the subfloor.  If there is a window in the wall where the seepage start, remove the window and re-install with fresh butyl caulk tape behind the flanges.  Then put a THIN bead of clear silicone or urethane sealant around the top edge and both sides of the metal flange (frame).

There are YouTube videos showing how to remove and reseal RV windows.

I can attest to this.  I had a leak around my windshield and tried all sorts of windshield leak repairs and nothing.  Dealer couldn't figure it out after $500 in attempts.  Had the rig into a shop that friend recommended for another issue and I asked if he could see what he thought about the leak.  He came back to me and said something like"Did anyone tell you that the fiberglass roof has an 1/8" gap in a few places along the sides?"  He re-caulked both sides and poof, leak gone.  I take all my RV issues to him now.  He also does auto repair and he has saved me a few times there as well. 

Back
Top Bottom