WGO shades and valence removal... help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have found a forceps to be very useful in securing the strings on those shades.  Much easier to apply tension than using your hand.

Hi, Ned,  if you are serious, would you please elaborate?  Call me skeptical.. ;D

carson Fl

You use the forceps to grasp the string tightly.  You can then pull on it and lock it in the notch in the plastic spool easily.  Using just your fingers, it's very difficult to keep enough tension on the string and still lock it on the spool.

If you're not familiar with forceps, they're like a narrow jaw pliers, but they lock.  A common medical instrument.  Often for sale at flea markets but your doctor may have some old ones to give away.

Thanks, Ned.  I have several forceps in my toolbag...use them all the time when I operate on my innards by myself. All you need is an Xacto knife and a stiff drink...no problem.   ;D

I'll report on the operation when I am done..

carson FL

Methinks you guys are talking about a hemostat.

A hemostat is a special form of locking forceps for closing off an artery.  The ones I have are technically Kelly forceps.  See Wikipedia for more trivial details :)

I have various locking and non-locking "forceps". I've always assumed the locking variety was a hemostat, but I stand corrected.

Back
Top Bottom