What do you all think about this little camper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DutchmenSport

I was on the "Montana" forum and down at the bottom of the page where the "RV Articles" display linking to the various Blogs and articles, this one caught my attention:

Click here.

It's a "new" camper based on an "old" design. It's really a throw back for me, as I remember seeing these campers when I was a kid, and early 1970's.

I think the company that makes these is on-to something, using automotive design. The only draw-back I see is there is no bathroom (toilet or shower). It reminds me of our pop-up that did not have a bathroom either. But, we survived with the pop-up for 6 years using a port-a-potty and a tent.

This is not for me. I enjoy my "space" with a 41 foot long behemoth fifth wheel and I'd probably never purchase this one myself, unless really wanted to camp, one step above tent camping. Basically, the camper is somewhere to sleep and get off the ground.

But the cuteness factor and the nostalgia factor of this little camper is interesting. I'm glad RV Life called this article out. It's interesting. At least, someone is attempting to build a better quality RV, even if it is small.

I think this one falls into the "tear drop" style. It's small and tiny .... according to the article, it's only 1000 pounds too.

Thoughts?

Cute, but if I was in the market for something in that size range I would probably buy one of the fiberglass eggs

I am more into function than appearance. It seems significantly smaller than the old VW campers, and is mostly designed to “look cute.” Not a fan.

I was on the "Montana" forum and down at the bottom of the page where the "RV Articles" display linking to the various Blogs and articles, this one caught my attention:

Click here.

It's a "new" camper based on an "old" design. It's really a throw back for me, as I remember seeing these campers when I was a kid, and early 1970's.

I think the company that makes these is on-to something, using automotive design. The only draw-back I see is there is no bathroom (toilet or shower). It reminds me of our pop-up that did not have a bathroom either. But, we survived with the pop-up for 6 years using a port-a-potty and a tent.

This is not for me. I enjoy my "space" with a 41 foot long behemoth fifth wheel and I'd probably never purchase this one myself, unless really wanted to camp, one step above tent camping. Basically, the camper is somewhere to sleep and get off the ground.

But the cuteness factor and the nostalgia factor of this little camper is interesting. I'm glad RV Life called this article out. It's interesting. At least, someone is attempting to build a better quality RV, even if it is small.

I think this one falls into the "tear drop" style. It's small and tiny .... according to the article, it's only 1000 pounds too.

Thoughts?
Very expensive but worth it to some I would think. Good idea to build it like a car for better longevity and less wear and tear. The VW crowd will love it.

Back
Top Bottom