What do you do to keep in shape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We carried two bikes for a couple of years and actually road them a bit but have spilled twice and DW isn't doing much so we left them home this time as we currently motor south from the PNW. I play pickleball whenever I can and really need to start using the resistance bands which I have in the coach but have mostly been ignored. Pickleball can be hard on the body, but really find the exercise beneficial on a number of levels.

We are determined to walk as much as possible and try to limit late night snacks as excessive weight can be a real problem as we age, especially on joints. Actually feel pretty good as I hit 70 in a few weeks. The heat and dryness of the desert definitely helps the aches and pains.

hedhunter9 said:
I race MX every week....4 class's..  8 races plus practice.....  Keeps me in decent shape !!
Bob

I'm envious. I just sold one of my enduro bikes two weeks ago.
The wife and I ride our Segways for exercise. Now I ride with wheels side by side instead of for and aft. GRIN

I walk Concourse "C" here at Atlanta Hartsfield airport...It's about a mile one way from end to end.  I work downstairs for maintenance.

Come on guys, and gals. Everyone knows good health is just the slowest way to die. We're all going to die, some of us will just get there faster. No need to put it off, just to feel good.

On the road again.  Brought our mountain bikes.  Brought them on our last trip and never took them off the rack.  Of course we were only gone for 3 weeks.  :-[  So far, we've been on the road for 5 days and the weather has been perfect.  Took my bike out three days ago just to see how it road.  It road well but I had one embarrassing moment.  I couldn't get my leg over the seat.  My Costco bike has an average size frame, about 24 inches.  You don't get to choose at Costco.  I have long legs and had to put a longer post on the seat so I could get the maximum pump out of my long legs.  It makes riding much easier.  Only problem was getting my leg over the seat. 

I mention this because two years ago, I didn't have this problem.  I turned 74 in June.  Maybe it's only me, but I'm beginning to think, this aging thing is progressive.  ;)  Morale of the story, don't quit exercising.  It won't slow the process completely but it will help to minimize those embarrassing moments. 

;D sounds like me the first time I rode my bike after getting pedals with straps on to hold your foot in place. I really liked them while pedalling down the road but then I pulled off the road and came to a full stop. I couldn't get my toes out of the straps and tipped over like that comedian on Laugh-in with his tricycle  :-[  8)

1. I keep in shape by watching TV and following the RV Forum on the computer. Walking to the refrigerator helps also.
2. We old people get lots of exercise by picking up what we drop on the floor.
3. We get additional exercise by walking from the doctor?s office parking lot to the office.
4. More is obtained at the drug store, but they usually have a drive by window.
5. At Home Depot and Lowes the bathroom is always at the rear of the store.
6. If you live on a large lot some is obtained by walking to the mail box, unless you only get email.
7. This is about all that I get, except when I refuel the motorhome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom