what do you say about your carbon footprint?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SeilerBird said:
There is a simple alternative to fossil fuels, it is called solar. We are going to have to convert over to solar like it or not. If we don't the infrastructure of the county won't be able to handle the increasing loads. The US has added 25 million people in the last ten years. If you people don't stop producing babies at this horrible rate we are in for a really crappy future. Especially since a certain someone doesn't believe in climate change.

As you state in your tag line, Tom... It's just your opinion.  ???

I love pulling up next to greenies in hybrids at the gas station.....I leave my diesel idling while I fuel it just to annoy them.

I love my massive carbon footprint. 

SeilerBird said:
There is a simple alternative to fossil fuels, it is called solar. We are going to have to convert over to solar like it or not. If we don't the infrastructure of the county won't be able to handle the increasing loads. The US has added 25 million people in the last ten years. If you people don't stop producing babies at this horrible rate we are in for a really crappy future. Especially since a certain someone doesn't believe in climate change.

Tom....that would be me.  There is no such thing as anthropogenic climate change.  The earth isn't a finished product.....it's continually evolving.  The climate has been changing since the dawn of time...and will continue to change until the end of time.  Only man is arrogant enough to think he has any effect whatsoever on that.  ;)

BTW....I had the babymaker function shut off a decade ago....I have no children, so since I didn't reproduce, I can burn all the fossil fuels I want.  And I will continue to do so.  Guess the millenials will have to come out of their safe space and figure out how to take care of themselves.

The resulting footprint after we'd take out the ashes from the coal fire, dump them on the ground, and stick a boot down.

Ok just throwing this out as another opinion:

http://climatechangedispatch.com/why-i-stopped-believing-in-man-made-global-warming-and-became-a-climate-skeptic/

The Global Warming Hoax is just a way to make everyone feel guilty about destroying the planet, but you can atone for your sins if you:
1) accept bigger government
2) accept higher taxes
3) accept less personal liberty and more intrusion into your private life

1986, an Ice Age is coming!!!  1,2 & 3 will prevent it.  Wait, it is Global Warming, see 1,2 & 3.  That will fix it.  No, wait it is now Climate Change, see 1,2 & 3.  I am beginning to detect a pattern here.  But hey, the flat earth society has bought into it.

Global Warming at its best:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tokyo-gets-november-snow-first-time-54-years-062423340.html

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/11/24/antarctic-sea-ice-has-not-shrunk-in-100-years/

What's funny. Watching the local weather, when the local news is on. It seems the when they give the record highs, and record lows for the day. The highs are before 1950's and the lows are after 1950's for the most part.

Russ+Chris said:
What's funny. Watching the local weather, when the local news is on. It seems the when they give the record highs, and record lows for the day. The highs are before 1950's and the lows are after 1950's for the most part.

Yeah....funny how that happens.  Earth just goes along doing whatever she damn well pleases....

rockman said:
I am beginning to detect a pattern here.  But hey, the flat earth society has bought into it.

Global Warming at its best:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tokyo-gets-november-snow-first-time-54-years-062423340.html

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/11/24/antarctic-sea-ice-has-not-shrunk-in-100-years/

"Ze Earth is a flat like your head"  Bugs Bunny

After he hit Elmer over the head with his flat shovel.  ;D

Am I the only one who sees religious and political undertones in this thread?  For example, veiled and not so veiled references to taxes and regulations.  Anyone care to explain how a reduction in taxes is going to help pay down the National Debt?  And where is all the innovation we talk about coming from?  An educational system that requires a student to either come from a family that earns a whole bunch of money or go deeply into debt to get an undergraduate degree.  Maybe those gifted few who could make a difference won't ever get that education.  I'm not terribly concerned about climate change or the carbon footprint.  Economically we have such huge problems in this country that a few degrees one way or the other shouldn't be our number one focus.  We complain about our Interstate highways and major bridges that are crumbling.  Our airports and public buildings need to be rebuilt.  We can't fix them.  We don't have the money.  In Los Angeles for example, 20% of the city budget would be required to repair all of the city sidewalks.  They're an embarrassment.  My wife broke her shoulder 5 years ago tripping on one sidewalk that rises up about 8 inches because of tree roots.  I tripped last week on another.  Both were in front of my home.  Mine could have been a serious injury.  The city doesn't have the money to repair the sidewalks.  The 20% of the city's budget that's needed to pay for all the repairs is necessary to pay the retirement benefits of the city's employees.  A salary and benefits system so out of control that it boggles the imagination.  The highest paid janitor in the State of California earned close to $200,000 in salary and benefits last year.  His base salary, $54,000.  More than $100,000 of the total was overtime.  This is not an isolated example.  We talk about change, but change has a price.  We need to reduce the National Debt.  More importantly, we need to stop pointing fingers.  It's not a Liberal Democrat problem.  It not a Conservative Republican problem.  It's Our problem.  Now we can either address it as Our problem, or we can go merrily on our way blaming the other guys.  But we can't solve it, we can't even begin to solve it unless we're all willing to take some big hits.  Hits to the pocket book.  That's not going to come in the form of a tax reduction.  And by the way, for those of you who have never looked at it beyond the impact to your own wallet, your tax reduction will not allow you to buy the diesel pusher you've been dreaming about.  It will get you a few more tanks of gas.  This is how it works.  Based on my personal experience the last time we got a tax break.  I believe it was around 2000.  My wife, before we were married, got a bare bones tax reduction.  Maybe $200.  Of course she wasn't earning much money.  My reduction was about $2,000 a year.  But at the time, my income was in the top 5%.  I calculated the tax savings of our companies CFO, a man I knew well.  As I recall, he probably saved $15,000 a year.  His income at the time, was around $500,000.  Remember this was in 2000.  I can't imagine the savings of a man that makes $10,000,000 a year or more.  But the man who is going to get that tax break might just be able to pay cash for a new motorhome.  Then again, when I think about it, maybe it won't be so great.  Because I'm not sure they're paying their fair share in the first place.  Based on a quote one of our Presidential candidates during a Nationally televised debate, an man that will go unnamed, "that makes me smart".  That's right.  The rich don't pay taxes because they're smart.  They also have the best accountants to make sure they don't pay a penny too much.  So I guess all of the money needed to pay down the National Debt is really going to come from the down and out, unskilled and under-employed Americans who will be paying taxes again after they get all those high paying jobs.  Oh, and on the religious side.  We shouldn't even be here now. 

Wow, that was a wide ranging rant!  Too many glaring errors to even respond to.  Clicking my "unnotify" button now . . .

Garyb1st, god bless you brother because you are died in the wool left coast wrong but we'll intentioned.  I may have even noticed some microagressions but I'm not even worried about it.  Crippling taxes hurt the working class.  Every dollar freed up helps everyone I know.  The infrastructure you speak of is broke because of corrupt policiticians.  The money goes into the wrong hands.  Students are paying too much for fees because as one former secretary of state said about another "she taking all my money" or something thereabouts in regards to colleges overpaying meniacal politically corrupt hacks.  That person didn't pay taxes because of the declared loss and current tax laws.  Yes both sides are equally corrupt and that is why pillars of the right sold their soul and sold out their base to support the left.  This has been a disgusting but enlightening period of time.  The top 1% pay more than their fair share, the middle pays too much and the list goes.  God bless you and everyone on this board and God bless the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom