What drives the rear two Fans on the aft, drivers side on a Winne Journey 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hamp Phillips

What drives the two fans on the drivers side aft. I know the fans are working, tested with battery, I have the engine running, the A/C on MAX air and the thermos stat set to coldest and the fan on full?

On my 95 Luxor the fans are energized by a relay that is switched by a pressure switch on the high side, I found my high side switch up front near the evaporator and the expansion valve.

Switch gets its power from a circuit breaker on the panel above the generator. On ours the breaker and the relay are both marked. There is also a 2 pole connector to the high side switch that can get corroded, keeping the fans from coming on.

What are the fans for?  That's a rear radiator coach, so not the engine cooling fans. And if it has basement air, I thought those fans were on the passenger side?

What catblaster said.  I've had to replace my fans because I went a couple of years without using the dash air.  Fans stopped working when they rusted stuck.  Replaced the fans and they still didn't move electrically.  Found a broken wire on the compressor that prevented the compressor from engaging.  Fixed the broken wire and compressor engaged and fans still didn't come on.  Replaced switch on the high side and VOILA!  fans started working.

Probably doesn't affect the rest of the fine members here, but every 5 minute job I start takes 3 weeks and 10x more funding that I requested.

Jim

Thanks to all that have contributed.  :)  I will look for the Circuit breaker and relay and the 2 pole switch. I know the pressure switch is working. For some reason my parts aren't marked at least I haven't found the marking yet. The mystery continues.  Hamp Phillips

one other thing, if there is not enough refrigerant in the system then the pressure will not build up high enough to trip the switch. I jumped the switch and the relay to check the wiring using a meter.

There are two pressure switches in the same area, one on the low side to cycle the compressor and the other high side to cycle the condenser fans.

Thanks go to everyone who contributed, it is fixed. I down loaded the schematic from the internet and with the help of you guys I found that the Red and Blue wire on the dash that comes from the Switch was inserted into its wire receptacle incorrectly and was not making contact. It has probably always been that way since manufacture. It is a wonder that no one has noticed it but we are in the North West (Keyport Wash) and the RV came from Port Townsend so maybe that is true. Anyway, it works now after I tested all the fuse and relays with a battery and a meter. Oh well, it is always the very last thing that you try, I mean who would keep looking AFTER it was fixed. Thanks again. Hamp

Setting the A/C to Max does not make the fans run continually. When you set any vehicle A/C system to Max you do not get any outside air into the system. It just recirculates the inside air which is already cold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom