What is a G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You DID get an answer: The first one by Seilerbird

After that it was fun.

Wizard46 said:
Thanks a lot everyone, ask a dumb question and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll go somewhere else and maybe get an answer.

It was not a dumb question and my answer was serious.

Thanks Seilerbird, I thought that but I still don't know the difference in 3G and 4G phones.
I know I have a 2G Ford V-10 engine and the 3G is a 3 valve engine, what changed on the phones to make them 4G.

Wizard46 said:
Thanks Seilerbird, I thought that but I still don't know the difference in 3G and 4G phones.
I know I have a 2G Ford V-10 engine and the 3G is a 3 valve engine, what changed on the phones to make them 4G.

Here is a serious answer for your serious question.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1243511167?bctid=1628434330

Thanks Fred, now that's the response I was looking for. Very informative.

Now if I could just figure out how to turn this darn thing on  ;D

It refers to the frequency range, ie: 3G= 3000mhz, 4G=4000mhz, at least in a cellphone.  The higher the frequency, the less traffic on the network=faster user speeds.

Wizard46 said:

GeorgeT said:
It refers to the frequency range, ie: 3G= 3000mhz, 4G=4000mhz, at least in a cellphone.  The higher the frequency, the less traffic on the network=faster user speeds.

Sorry, you're not even close.

taoshum said:
My grandfather told me that it's what you say if you want the mule to turn left, IIRC.

You had a 50/50 chance of being right (which is the way a mule would go if you yelled GEE), but you were wrong.

I spent many hours working a team (horses, not mules) as a farm kid. 

aka Porky said:
  You had a 50/50 chance of being right (which is the way a mule would go if you yelled GEE), but you were wrong.    I spent many hours working a team (horses, not mules) as a farm kid. 
    Musta been "Haw" then.  dyslexic, aspergers, generally wrong.

aka Porky said:
You had a 50/50 chance of being right (which is the way a mule would go if you yelled GEE), but you were wrong.
Maybe he grew up in Left Virginia.  ;D

AllegroRV [KodiakRV] said:
Maybe he grew up in Left Virginia.  ;D

Close, left Mississippi, near Memphis.  I only met him twice, more than 50 years ago.  The first time he had mules to work the cottonfields; the second time he had a gray Ford tractor with red wheels and electricity but no indoor plumbing.  He kept the mules 'til he died, then I don't know what happened to them.  Gee Right; Haw Left; Gee right; Haw Left; wonder if I can remember that or why I would want to?

Gee, why do they still use wooden bats? 

Taoshum, that reminds me of the old joke about the long time sea captain who, every morning, would unlock a desk drawer, take out a piece of paper & read it, put it back in the drawer & lock it.  After he died his crew wanted to know what was on the piece of paper.  They unlocked the drawer, took it out & read "Port is left, Starboard is right."

BTW, a G is ? ? ?  .    ;D

AND, the amazing thing is that port and starboard don't change... no matter where you are on the ship.  L and R change all the time, except for the mule, maybe; If I yell Gee at a mule from behind it will turn to the right; if I yell Gee at a mule standing in front of the mule which way does he turn?  LOL

GeorgeT said:
Guess I missed THAT memo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom