What is v 12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just spent our weekend in our newly-acquired 2013 New Horizons Summit 5th Wheel.  Alongside the black water and grey water plungers is something labeled V 12.  It is a lever.  I don't remember if it says on/off or open/closed.  Does anyone know what this is?  I tried Google, to no avail.

Ken and Ellen Bryan

Without a photo and or more of a description it is hard to say but if I were to take a guess, it sounds like it may be a 12-volt cutoff to disconnect 12-volt power to your rig. 

Since it is located by the waste tank valves, my guess is that it has something to do with waste water.  Does this trailer have multiple gray tanks, by any chance? It might gate one or the other gray water tank to the waste outlet (dump connection). That would be a Vee in plumbing terminology.

Also: Does the Summit have electric waste valves? Or are they cable-operated (vales remote, under the belly pan).

A photo would be a huge help in getting an answer for you.

You said "Plungers" by that do you mean valves or switches (Sensor reading switches)

Is the V-12 a toggle push button or connector.

Not much more I can say without the owner's manual for your RV. Time for the next step in cooking my dinner .

Back
Top Bottom