What is your crowning achievement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will

As I soldier on with my motorhome renovations, I get to look back at my progress and smile at what I have achieved.  I am curious, though, what everyone else is proud of on their rigs.  What creative, innovative, or helpful thing have you done to your rig that you are proud of and made your life better?

Every time I made an improvement, I was really proud. Until the next one superseded it. Or until we bought a new/bigger/better rig that made the previous improvements look like chump change and we started all over again with new customizations. In our current coach, the biggies were removing the oven to get more galley storage space, removing the extra vanity sink in the bath and replacing with a large pantry, and upgrading to larger LCD tvs.  But lately we've been dreaming of some new flooring and new window treatments. It's a never ending journey...

The mod I'm most looking forward to is the day I write that last payment and actually can say I own my 5er.  ;D

We haven't done any life changing mods on our 5er, yet.  But one of our favorites is the LED light strip along the awning rail.  Easy to do, cheap, and very effective at lighting up camp. 
Like Gary said, I think it just never ends...But I sure Love it !

Really have not done anything to the current MH but our last 5th wheel I made a bunch of changes.  Mostly to the suspension.  After busting two leaf springs on tow separate occasions I decide to change the suspension.  No we were not over loaded, I checked.  We were a short drive to Indiana so we took it to MoR/ryde and had the axles taken off and replaced with their Independent suspension system, hydro/electric disc brakes and Never Lube hubs.  Best change we ever did.  Massive improvement in the ride, braking was phenomenal and the fact we never had to pull hubs to grease bearings again was the icing on the cake.  This is how a trailer suspension should be from the factory.

Gray water to black tank transfer pump.
No wait! Maybe it was my Nano Station 2 WiFi antenna and wireless router? Or maybe the Banks power Pack, or front and rear Panhard bars? But then again, I really like my 500 watts of solar. Could it be my Xantrax Prowatt 2000 or the extra GC batteries? Ah! I got it, it's my LED lighting. An the beat goes on.............

Richard

I would like to 2nd what Kenb1023 said. We did the IS suspension and Disc Brakes as well . Mor/yde is one exceptional  co. to deal with. We went two steps further with G614 tires  and just added the 2nd air conditioner.  I am hoping this brings the Montana up to a more acceptable level.
As for myself I am in recovery from a triple heart bypass surgery.
My current activities include housework , yardwork , rehab therapy at at the YMCA and last but not least back to my competitive Tractor Pulling.

rls7201 said:
Gray water to black tank transfer pump.
No wait! Maybe it was my Nano Station 2 WiFi antenna and wireless router? Or maybe the Banks power Pack, or front and rear Panhard bars? But then again, I really like my 500 watts of solar. Could it be my Xantrax Prowatt 2000 or the extra GC batteries? Ah! I got it, it's my LED lighting. An the beat goes on.............

Richard
Rich, I'm playing "catch up" as quickly as possible  :) , but I think your "crowning achievement" is the same as mine.  You've made myriad changes and improvements, but have stayed true to the Bounder appearance and character.  I remember one of your earlier statements, "real Bounders are brown" and I've tried hard NOT to alter that look. 

I hope you and Michele have enjoyed all those "achievements" during your summer Alaska ventures.  Safe journey, lou

RV season starts in just another month or so. In preparation, in addition to the normal grease and fluid check and tire check etc:

This past week I put a new SK-1000 Winegard Dish Travler antenna on. We're no longer dependant on the worthless in the rain Kingdumb antenna that came on the MH. Now with the Hopper and Joey we can watch 2 TV's with different programs, DVR record what we want and playback when we want. I was amazed at the easy installation. $1173 at PeopleMH + shipping.

I also repaired the Careless of Colorado porch awning. It's a motorized awning which relies on a cheap plastic insert inside. Ours broke so I replaced it by making one out of aluminum.

The electric step got a new paint job and new non-skid. The non-skid with the bright yellow line as originally installed is available at Lowes, so the Admiral is happy that it looks just like it ought to.

New dash radio goes in later today. This one will have bluetooth capability for the cell phone, plug for the audio book on the Ipod, and a remote for the Admiral to control as needed. A new remote for the old radio was $89. The upgrade radio was $129. We'll see in a couple of hours if it works as advertised.

Ken

Tom said:
You could browse our Remodeling your RV board to read about some of the projects others have embarked on.

Thanks Tom.  I've been up, over, and through that forum for the last dozen months.  Got a lot of great ideas. 

This is fun to read, too.  Seems like some peoples' crowning achievement has little to do with modifying their rigs, but rather conquering them.  Listing kids is cheating  ;D ;D  unless they were a product of... nevermind that... carry on.

[quote author=Will]Seems like some peoples' crowning achievement has little to do with modifying their rigs, but rather conquering them.[/quote]

Aye Will  ;D it seems that some folks didn't read your first message in this topic:

As I soldier on with my motorhome renovations ...

After forgetting to turn off my emergency flashers one time and the cruise being locked out because of it, I decided to do something about it. The factory installed turn signal and emergency flashers use very small  green lights at the bottom corners of the dash. Very hard to see.

So, a couple of diodes and a large red light mounted in the upper right quadrant of the dash now flashes when either the turn signal or the emergency flashers are on. You would have to be blind not to see the flash. I also can't hear very well either. The original lights were left intact.

Jerry

We haven't made a "Crowning Achievement" since we bought our motor home a year ago, but I've made a series of improvements, changed out to LED lighting, removed the low end Fantastic Fan in the lounge/kitchen (non-thermostatically controlled) and changed it to a MaxxAir Fan Deluxe (remote control), we've added a MaxxAir Fan Rain Cover to the bathroom Fantastic fan (left it open during a rain storm earlier this year), and I've added an red LED at the dash which tells me when the toad brakes are engaged.

My Crowing Achievement project is to remove the U shaped dining table and replace it with two Lazy Boy Recliners with fold up and out and over tables. Since we just recently decided to keep our Bounder (was thinking of trading to a Class C) I can move forward with this project.

As Gary explained with a different coach you start all over. On the current one it is a residential refrigerator.

I guess mine would be the solar system I installed. 500 watts of panels (4X125),  900 amp/hours of batteries (4X225), 1500 watt inverter and 4 stage charger. We can have power indefinently as long as we watch consumption. Now, if I can just figure out how to keep from running out of water and having to dump the tanks, we could boondock forever.

Tin man said:
My two children.............

Make sure you sell them before they become teenagers... ;D ;D

SWAMBO and I sold her 3 and my 2 right after we got married.  Best thing we ever did.  Now we don't have anyone to be visiting as we travel around...

Just kidding.  The post was just to good to pass up. ;D ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom